rear leafs??

Stealth

ok my rear suspention is creaking really loud, its not the struts cause there only like 18 months, it only does it when you take off and when you stop not while your driving, how much are the monoleafs and whats the labor like?

The bushings disappear at the ends of the transverse spring. Easier than hell to replace. Go to a parts store and ask for Federal Mogul (Moog) part number K6544 I believe. They're around 25 bucks. Jack up the ends of the transverse spring, one at a time of course, and pound those Moog parts into there. And hurry before that spring cracks. Then you're out a hefty penny.

Ok.. if you look underneath the rear end of the car, you'll see the tranverse spring that runs between the two tires.. in the knuckle I believe. It isn't a 'spring' as you think.. it looks like a piece of steel that runs across the width of the car. Its curved. At each end, there SHOULD be a rubber 'bushing'. Basically a rubber pad at the end to keep it from doing what you're having problems with now.

Check there and see if you see those rubber chunks. If you're still lost, I will get you some pictures tomorrow afternoon. If they're gone, you'd better replace them soon. The spring can split if it is left in that condition for a long time.

See what you find and we'll go from there.

Open this PDF file bud....it may help clear up what you need to see....

http://www.federal-mogul.com/fmeconnect/technicalservices/downloads/2022.pdf

:D

Easy As Pie to install as long as you have jack stands, a floor jack, and a small block of wood(to protect spring from metal cup of jack).

Once the car is secure on the stands...use the small wood block and the jack to raise the spring up just a few inches and those Moog parts drop right in!

RIBBED SIDE down and there are little tabs on the block that allow it to sit securely between the braces and not fall out.

Lower the spring and do the other side!

DONE!

NOTE: If you have any of the old isolator block still on use a screwdriver to

pry them off. Don't leave them there.