Damage from tow truck

Cledus

Dumbass tow truck driver put my car on a flat bed and hooked it with the big hook they use on RWD cars. It was rubbing on the leaf spring and making a noise. My cousin was able to straighten it back out.

towdamage.jpg

my new car has damage like that :? i hope i can fix it with a few new parts :twisted: to modify the ride of the car make it sportier :wink:

does anyone know if the radiator support peice on the bottum is removable? that part is bent on my new car too :evil:

damn that sucks, i'm real leary of tow trucks. my friend ryan just got a 91 camaro rs delivered via flat bed, when loading it up the guy scraped the exhaust, when unloading it he scraped the gfx :x

Replace it NOW.

My sister ran her 90 Cutlass 4dr into a ditch, and the tow truck guy pulled it out by the transverse arm and it looked IDENTICAL to yours when I checked it out.

My stepbrother later inherited the car. One day while driving on the highway, SNAPPO!!! The arm broke at the bend and he lost control. Luckily, he didn't hit anyone, but a bent transverse arm is dangerous.

If you can, make the towtruck company pay for it. I don't know why those idiots insist on pulling the car out by the transverse arm anyway. There is a perfectly good jack pad in the middle they could have pulled it out with.

yea I agree that if that arm brakes, it could cost you more than the car. :shock: Also, you might want to once that is replaced, consider undercoating the frame and entire underside to keep that rust in check. Make sure you spray down the underside, and then let it dry first! :wink:

GnatGoSplat, your post made me nervous. I wasn't going to get it repaired since we were able to straighten it enough so it is not rubbing the spring. I sent a letter to AAA tonight about it. Thanks.

Yes, definitely get it replaced. Hollow tubing does not like to be bent and then straightened back out. Not at all. It took over a year, maybe longer for it to break on my stepbro's car, but there's no telling when and where it will break.