New Oil Filter Design

scorpion_x9

I was at Advance Auto Parts yesterday and found this out. It looks like GM is changing their design of some of the oil filters.

oilfilter1.jpg

oilfilter2.jpg

oilfilter3.jpg

oilfilter4.jpg

Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it's for the better.... :?

Yeah really the middle is bulged out. Wonder how its supposed to seal? Thats the same filter I use too! (well the supertech one)

It's actually dimpled in at the bottom. Sorry, the picture it kind crappy. :oops: One day I'll buy a better cam... :) I don't use it all that much, so I don't really have the ambition to buy a decent one, which is anything above $100.

//edit//

I also noticed it doesn't say "Duraguard" anymore. But, the part numbers are still the same from the old one. Which is: 25171377.

bah...i have used fram filters in my car and my truck for years. The super duty ones they had were great. I even used that exact model (3387A) with nothing but a positive experience. I have infact had a negative experience with 2 faulty AC Delco filters, which were both defective. Amzoil makes the best of everything as far as I am concerned. If you want the best oil and the best filters, buy Amzoil!

That's why I use Amzoil 0w-30 Series 2000 Synthetic Racing Oil, and the matching super duty filter. Extra efficiency baby! 8)

Hmmm... Interesting reading. Looks like that filter I got wasn't counterfeit, so that's good. I learned something new on Purolator, heh, thought that was junk for a while, but it looks like their PureOne design is pretty good.