Speaker Help Needed!

Speckkial

I have a 93' Cutlass Supreme Sl Sedan. I bought these aftermarket 4" and 6x9" speakers, thinking I could save some money by installing them myself. I thought it would be pretty simple but I can't even figure out how to get to the speakers in the doors and the rear deck. I've been looking on the internet for guides or how-to's but I can't find anything. Can someone please help me?

Rear speakers:

Either you get to them from inside the trunk, you may have to remove a box that covers each of them, then just a clip or some screws..

or from inside they may have grille that can be removed or you have to remove the rear dash which will require the removal of the rear seat and various trim pieces etc...

Door Speakers:

May just have a cover that can be popped out or you may have to remove the door panel to get at them.

Don't have a cutty but hopefully that gives you some ideas.

i also have a 1993 Supreme SL. you have to remove the rear seat to access the rear speakers. it isn't hard. i don't know about the door speakers, because my front speakers are in my dash.

I don't know if you can pop the door covers off to get at them, but if you have to remove the door panel:

1 screw behind handle - remove trim piece with lock lever

look inside hole where that trim piece was^ - look up and back, you'll see a 7mm hex screw that attaches the grab handle to the door.

use flathead screw driver to pop out window/lock switch panel - pop it up from the rear

1 screw underneath that^

2 (1?) screws underneather plastic trim piece at the top of the panel right behind the seatbelt. trim piece pops right off

2 (1?) screws behind reflector on back of panel - reflector pops right off

i think that's it for screws. then just give it a good yank to take out all of those fucking one-way plastic push-in things.. you'll screw them up good tearing the panel off but they're reusable, so don't worry.

To my own stupidity, I just discovered that there are no speakers in the doors. The speakers are located in the dash and now figuring out how to get to them is my whole new problem.

6 screws under the top part of the gray trim piece around the cluster. I think two screws to either side of the cluster. lift out the gray bin part of the glove compartment, 2 screws (7mm hex? I forget) under that. I THINK that's it, then the dash pad should lift up and out.

6 screws under the top part of the gray trim piece around the cluster. I think two screws to either side of the cluster. lift out the gray bin part of the glove compartment, 2 screws (7mm hex? I forget) under that. I THINK that's it, then the dash pad should lift up and out.

you forgot the 2 in the heater vents! and you might need to take out the radio aswell, which is just 2 7mm screws under it. On my 88 the screws around the cluster were phillips and the other were 7mm. and then 2 7mm on each speaker. good luck!

you forgot the 2 in the heater vents!

That I did. I couldn't get the dash pad out for the life of me until I pulled out my service manual and noticed those 2. I never put them back in after I pulled them.

Those are located in the defrost vent near the windshield. The plastic grill comes right out, get outside of the car and look into the windshield to find those two.

Pulling the radio isn't necessary but it couldn't hurt, it's only 2 screws and it would probably make it easier.

Thank you guys for all the input. Does anyone know the size of those speakers in the dash? I find it kind of difficult to believe that GM could fit 4" speakers in a space like that.

My lumina has 4x6's in the dash, so I think that's what your's would have. Let me tell you it's a beotch to get a set of Infinity's up there.

I think Cutlass' have 4" speakers up there but I want to be sure before I take the dash apart and try to put them in and they don't fit.

I think Cutlass' have 4" speakers up there but I want to be sure before I take the dash apart and try to put them in and they don't fit.

you should have 4" speakers in the dash. i do

Yeah, I do. And I got those 6x9's in the other day. they sound way better than the factory but after I re-wired the new ones, alot more bass was coming from the factory dash speakers than when the factory 6x9's were in. What's that about?