keyless entry

skiiirt

so I finally broke down and paidGM for the key fob so I can unlock my doors before I get tot hem. Now I am at the stage where I need to program the fob. What kind of wire do u use to ground the system for programming. the pic in the manual has aligator clamps on both ends. I dont have any wires like that.

whats the best method to go about grounding the proper wire?

I had some 10g power wire laying around, just jab it into that connector and make sure you have a good connection, then ground it to the chassis. If you have any quick connect terminals (like the female part of a speaker terminal) that would work too. Just make sure to keep a good connection. HTH.

Am i doing something wrong

I connect to the a (the connector) and then ground the system, I hear all the doors lock. I then push a button on the keyless and the doors cycle again. but about 45 seconds later the keyless stops working

whats wrong with what im doing?

Indeed i am. i am following the instructions to the last period. I was reading about the recievers. I think I need to soldier the board. I love my oldsmobile.

I sense sarcasm.

Don't start hating it now...because before you know it, the damned thing will be running perfectly, rewarding its owner for all of his hard work and dedication to keeping it in great condition...

...then some bitch cuts you off in an intersection and the insurance company writes a phat cheque so you can start all over again.

:roll:

Welcome to my world.

Im just pissed because GM won't recall some blatently problematic things. Oh well, Im gunna try the solder trick as shown on the w-body page.

...and that is exactly what happened to me. I didn't have to do too much work on it; however, it did have the typically expensive things that only broke down when I couldn't work on it myself:

- fuel pump (in the tank)

- crank position sensor (in -30 degree celcius weather - kept stalling out)

- block heater (in -30 degree celcius weather - couldn't start the car because the hot coolant was leaking onto said crank position sensor harness)

- regular maintenance with the brakes (even painted the new calipers and bracketry for the extra bling)

- was shopping for a new exhaust system just before it was destroyed. Thank goodness I didn't buy anything expensive, because...

...some stupid-ass woman came along to cut me off and end it all. I miss my car - even if I am driving something new. That Monte was beautiful.

...oh yeah...and sorry I hi-jacked the post. I'm an idiot.

I'll get it back on track with the issue...anyone else want two key fobs? I still have two. :lol: