DIC in a Lumina?

Maverick

386684_80.jpg

386684_81.jpg

Getting the basic DIC working is easy, the STE DIC like I've installed is cosiderably harder if you want all functions working.

The complete harnes will do nothing for a Lumina cause GM never put the wiring in the C200 cause the DIC wasn't a Lumina option.

Thanks, I really appreciate the comments guys, keep'em coming good or bad. I still have a lot of work to do before it's finished but I'm happy with how it's turning out.

I was hoping to find where I wrote this down but couldn't so I finally got it for you.

The pins of the DIC you'll need to hook up:

A1(ORG),A2(PINK/BLK),A6(DK.GRN),A7(ORG),A8(BLK),B3(GREY),B6(PPL)B8(BLK)

A1-constant 12v - sourced fron cig. light circuit which only lights seat controls.

A2-ign. 12v - pink wire for steering column(there are better places though, put mine there cause it was easy but I will be moving it)

A6-speed input - guage cluster DK GRN pin D5 or D13 for base cluster.

A7-data input - orange wire from the ALDL diagnostic connector

A8- ground - cig light circuit

B3-dimmer - cig light circuit

B6- fuel level ind. - guage cluster PPL pin C5 or C13 for base cluster.

There are other wires mainly the panel light, and other dimmer line that you would think are necessary but aren't hooked up. No one has been able to tell me what they are for so I'm not sure where to hook them up but it seems to work fine without. Everything works, I think :roll:

I'm sure that some things can be sourced from better spots but I haven't had any problems yet. Still I offer no guarantee nor do I take any responsability if you listen to me, :lol:

Enjoy,