how do i remove front speakers on 89 cutlass supreme.

89 cuttsupreme

I need to know how to get my speakers out of the front of my car.any

info would be great.I also need to know how to get a power antenna for my car that will fit.advance auto & auto zone cant help me.please e-mail me at fastcars7@MSN.COM.THANK YOU.

if you have this dash

HPIM0449.jpg

HPIM0450.jpg

you need to remove the dash pad. it isn't hard, but it'll take 10 or 15 minutes or so. it helps to have someone help you pull it off and place it back on the dash

There are a few small screws that hold the dash pad on, and the whole thing basically snaps together. Screws under the pad where the guage cluster is, and in the glove box (I'm not totaly sure with the Cutlass.. but thats the way it is with the GP.. it should be similar.)

1. Remove 7 phillips screws from the bottom edge of the top side of the cluster/radio bezel. You should be able to see these easily.

2. Remove bezel by tipping the top out and then grasping the bottom part and pulling. The bottom part is held in by metal snap-in clips.

3. Remove 2 7mm screws at the bottom corners of the dash pad (you will see them when the bezel is removed).

4. Remove defroster vent by pulling it out, it just snaps in. Some wiggling of the vent will help.

5. Remove inner defroster vent.

6. Remove 2 7mm screws from the defroster opening. Look for 2 notches in the opening, they indicate where the screws are.

7. Remove the glove compartment by pulling it out.

8. Remove 2 7mm screws from the glove compartment.

9. Tilt steering wheel all the way down, cover with towel if you're concerned about scuffing the leather.

10. Grasp dash pad and pull straight back about 1-2", then you can pull and lift it out.

nice how to guide.

might have to do that to mine.

not that i will be replacing the front speaks or anything but after competing car audio hardcore all last summer i have some annoying rattles that i would like to fix.

guess that happens when you break into the 150's.

Monty