DIC ISSUES!! (edited)

Baddflash

Ok I finally got my dic hooked up in the Lumi, but for some reason it won't read the fuel level. I hooked into the wire going to the guages for the fuel sender and it is for sure making good contact, but does not read. Any ideas???

Also how do you set the compass I try to set but it gives an error or something, "miss op" I think is what it says?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Check Fuel will be displayed until you've driven the car enough to gather fuel averages and such. To set the compass, you press "Set" then drive the car in 3 complete circles or until CALIB goes away. Then, point the car at true north and press "North".

Woo Hoo!!! Works great 8) Thanks Digitaloutsider.

Anyone have any idea how to get the door adjar and other idi. lights to work, I'm guessing that's for the STE only but can I make it work on my Lumi?

Ok, I went to the j/y and looked the STE over. The door pins are in a real crappy spot for sure, the only thing I wonder about using alarm pins is the ones on the STE have two wires so I'm guessing they're powered, where alarm pins are usually just grounds.

The trunk pin should bolt right up to my car, although I couldn't see the hood pin so I'm guessing some one took it. I'm pretty sure I can make the washer fluid sensor fit in my resovoir so that's not a problem.

Now where do all the wire from the door pins/washer res. run to? I'm guessing there's a junction box somewhere, but where?

The car won't be there long so if I'm going to get this stuff I better get at it, HELP GEARHEAD!!!!

All I want to do is make the door adjar work for all four doors, hood and trunk and the low washer fluid idi. What pieces to I need to grab from that STE in order for me to get that stuff working?

Oh yeah! Hooking the ABS idi. to the E-brake is a good idea for someone without ABS.

Thanks,

The door switches have 2 wires , one for the ajar indication and one to trigger the door lights. (4 door only)

All wires from the sensors and the lights run to the lamp interface box. An AMP looking box located above the glove box, between it and the dashpad.

The hood pin is on the hood latch. get the entire hood latch assembly off the STE... If you see another one.. Get one for me. Trace the hood latch wires as far back as you can before cutting them.

The door switches have 2 wires , one for the ajar indication and one to trigger the door lights. (4 door only)

Ok that makes sense wasn't sure.

All wires from the sensors and the lights run to the lamp interface box. An AMP looking box located above the glove box, between it and the dashpad.

I was looking at that but wasn't sure, there are a lot of wires running to it I thought maybe it was the stereo amp :lol:

The hood pin is on the hood latch. get the entire hood latch assembly off the STE... If you see another one.. Get one for me. Trace the hood latch wires as far back as you can before cutting them.

I figured that's where it should have been but there was nothing there. I do know of another yard that has an STE but they'll surely rape me on that piece. They charged me $80 :evil: for the seat controls/armrest for the STE buckets but what do ya do....Pissed me off cause I only payed $100 for both seats at another yard, they wanted $250 without the wiring.

If an alarm pin will work for the doors do you think it'll work on the hood too? I guess that's something to look at once you try it on the doors.

Thanks Gearhead43, I'll go back to the j/y and grab the rest of that stuff.

Hey Gearhead43, any chance of getting the pinouts for the lamp module??

I got no problem experimenting with this stuff, as long as I know what's what I should be able to figure the rest out.