American Racing Wheels?

dsgrntld187

I've read some people on here don't like AR wheels. Someone said they peel after a short time, but have any of you had bad experiences with them? I need some new rims for my Cutlass, and I found a set of AR wheels that I like, but if they are gonna look like shit in a year I don't want them. Thanks

-Spencer

AR makes good wheels. My friend's dad is a manager at a tire shop and sells lots of them. He's even got a set on his truck.

I have a set of AR Chrome Nuggats that I had on '85 T-bird.. nice wheels I just have nothing to put them on since the car is gone.

Keep them clean and polished and you shouldn't have any problems with them. If you don't, then yes, they will rust and look like shit after a while.

Oh yeah you're best to take them off in the winter.

I had estrella wheels on my cutlass. I had to replace one after a curb incident. It was on the car for 9-12months and the coating started to peel. I washed them regularly but never waxed them. I probaly didn't take care of them properly but that is my experiance with AR.

car_1.jpg

I had estrella wheels on my cutlass. I had to replace one after a curb incident. It was on the car for 9-12months and the coating started to peel. I washed them regularly but never waxed them. I probaly didn't take care of them properly but that is my experiance with AR.

car_1.jpg

so basically you think that if he were to use blue magic or something from Mother's they'd be fine?

even still after that short of a time period, i don't think they should be anywhere close to peeling.

I had a set of American Racing mags on my Cavalier before it was totalled. I loved those wheels... granted they were only 15" but they were so much better than stock. They were on when I bought the car. I didn't take careof them as much as I should have but they still looked good.

cavwheels.jpg

Alright, thanks guys. What I read made it sound like all AR wheels were shit, but maybe they didn't take care of them. Maybe I can win them. I'll probably use my stock rims for the winter (although that does defy the point of me getting new tires :lol: )

i have some AR avenger rims, ive had them for like 2 years now..no problems with them at all and i dont take very good care of them in the winter time but they still shine nicely..they are polished..i use mothers polish on them..and they look great aside for some nicks and scrathes here and there...

611891_13_full.jpg

i have some AR avenger rims, ive had them for like 2 years now..no problems with them at all and i dont take very good care of them in the winter time but they still shine nicely..they are polished..i use mothers polish on them..and they look great aside for some nicks and scrathes here and there...

611891_13_full.jpg

Did your rims require special lugs or do factory lugs work?

i bought a set of AR rims for my step dad's old ranger. he waxed them and polished them often with mothers mag&aluminum polish and they still cracked and peeled like a bitch