Can somone tell me how i do the back plugs/wires on a 3.1L

Big Blue

I know this sounds like you have heard it and you probly have because i made a post a while ago asking the same question but i can't find it anymore and i need to do this ASAP!!

so please tell how you get to the back plugs and wires on a 3.1L,i bought another w-body and it needs a tune up like you would'ed know :x

I have pretty skinny arms and I have a hard time getting my hands back behind my 3.1 to change the plugs.. I always disconnect the map sensor and evap braket, move them and the throttle cables out of the way, then remove the alternator bracket. It makes it 100x's easier and much less likely to dig up knuckles and get pissed off.

I have pretty skinny arms and I have a hard time getting my hands back behind my 3.1 to change the plugs.. I always disconnect the map sensor and evap braket, move them and the throttle cables out of the way, then remove the alternator bracket. It makes it 100x's easier and much less likely to dig up knuckles and get pissed off.

Wow, you make that entirly to hard! All you have to do is undo the dogbones ant ilt the engine. This can be done a coupld of way: Use a come along and a tree or fixture in the shop, use a chain the same way, only push tha car backwards to pull the engine forward(dont drive, just push it and throw a brick under the tire and lock it in PARK, or set parking brake if it works on your car). That gives me all of the room I need, and I'm a BIG guy(re: 250lbs with large arms)

i know this is pretty fun but i don't even know what the map sensor looks like :lol:.Now i would also have to loosen the fan belt so the alternator would go forward???

Wow, you make that entirly to hard! All you have to do is undo the dogbones ant ilt the engine. This can be done a coupld of way: Use a come along and a tree or fixture in the shop, use a chain the same way, only push tha car backwards to pull the engine forward(dont drive, just push it and throw a brick under the tire and lock it in PARK, or set parking brake if it works on your car). That gives me all of the room I need, and I'm a BIG guy(re: 250lbs with large arms)

I really don't know about that because A my house is on one big ass hill and i have know trees around.

so let me guess this stright i have to take of the dog bones and then tilt the engine forward a little bit to get at the back plugs :)