rock hit my windshield, how much?

mylifeisstupid

well I was following my friend in his altima (I've smoked it before) back from connecticut and a huge semi goes by and a golf ball sized rock flies off the back and hits his hood, then flies over and hits the upper left corner of my windshield. :x :x :x There is now is a nice crack running (and growing) down to the bottom, it's about 8 inches now and it makes me furious. So do you guys have any estimates on how much it will cost to replace my windshield?

p.s.

my insurance doesn't cover it, god damnit.

Hurry up and put glass coverage on your car. I'll never run a car w/o glass coverage, so I dunno what it costs to replace those things.

Did you get the plate # and the "how's my driving" info and shit from the truck? If you did I think you can call the company and they'll do something about it. I dunno...

Did you get the plate # and the "how's my driving" info and shit from the truck? If you did I think you can call the company and they'll do something about it. I dunno...

48 States law says that if it was on the vehicle...not kicked up by the vehicle...the truck company or private owner of the vehicle must repair any damage done to another vehicle or property if said object fell from that vehicle and struck another vehicle or property.

Back in 1991...I got hit by a 4"x4"x7' piece of wood in a 1978 Malibu Classic (worth maybe $1000) that fell off a flat bed truck. The piece of wood went through my grill...radiator...power steering pump...and severely dented my firewall. The trucking company saw pictures of the damage and sent me a check for $3500 asking that I take the check for the damage to my vehicle and signed a waiver that I would not try to sue them for further damages in the future. I wrote them a letter back with the waiver saying thank you very much for the money and they will never hear from me again!! :wink: 8)

i get a free windshield because in florida if you have insurance you get a free winshield. and by the way that crack will spread all the way through the windshield so dont drive over 40-50

i get a free windshield because in florida if you have insurance you get a free winshield. and by the way that crack will spread all the way through the windshield so dont drive over 40-50

yea I agree...don't drive too fast and get some coverage. I can't believe your insurance doesn't cover that.

well my mother did some research while i was sleeping and found a company that will come to my house and replace it for 225. The problem with the truck was in was in the oncoming lane. The rock flew off the top of the truck at 55-60 mph and then met with my car going the same speed in an opposite direction. Amazes me now that it didnt just go through and clip me in the temple. Guess my cutty can take a beating. Thanks for the advice on not driving too fast, guess I'll have to curb my bad habits for a little while, but I wouldn't want a windshield falling on my face so it's worth it.