Lumina Thunder?

maybe2fast

I was just wondering what the Lumina Thunder looks like (If you go to the home page and under cars click lumina 4 door first gen. the special edition description is there) I have never seen one, just curious

Isnt that the Mellow Yellow decalled Z-34 car? the one they did up for the promo for "Days of Thunder"? If it is, it loooks like a Z-34 with all the old Mellow Yellow NASCAR decals.

yea i wanna see one too. no its not a Z34, its a Euro 2 door dressed up in special fx(not Z34 or razzi) and had Lumina Thunder decals. Theres a guy on cardomain who claims hes modding one, but he hasnt posted any pics in over a year.

From the complete lack of any findings that is either the most rare w-body that exists or it doesn't.

Yeah, I've done my share of searching too and nothing. This thing is pry just in our heads. :?

From the complete lack of any findings that is either the most rare w-body that exists or it doesn't.

Yeah, I've done my share of searching too and nothing. This thing is pry just in our heads. :?

I did some searching w/ no results as well. Going to have to contact someone involved w/ advertising/promotion for the flim Days Of Thunder and track down some pictures of this car.. :lol:

I have seen a few real ones. Just a Lumina coupe with an aftermarket body kit that says "Lumina Thunder" on the rear bumper. Similar body kit to that found on a Cutlass FE3 Phantom.

It's been a few years since I've seen one, but I carry my phone with me all the time and it has a camera, so if I ever spot one I'll take a pic of it.

I think it's similar to the FE3 Phantom in that it's a dealer custom of some kind. Since I've seen them around here, I'd say it was probably a Missouri or nearby dealer that converted them.

yeah ive never seen one, or seen a pic of one...this is driving me crazy

was it just a dealer that converted them? I thought chevy plants actually made an X amount of them for the promotion of the movie... but yeah, a dealer would make more sense.

someone get a pic!!! these apparently exist!!

Oh I guarantee they exist... maybe not now if they've all gone to the big junkyard in the sky, but they definitely did exist.

Don't hold your breath though, it's been probably 2+yrs since I last saw one, and that one was pretty beat.

I think this was probably a dealer coversion to help promote NASCAR and the film at that time...I remember here in Chester VA a Chevy dealer took a new Euro and gussied it all up with the "Goodwrench 3 car" theme...with everything else stock on the car except 30lbs of decals...I gotta admit it looked like utter shit...it needed some gfx and black wheels to at least have the image.

Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet did that to somewhere around 17-27 of the 92 black Z34s. My guess is maybe a chevy dealer did it down in NC area since thats where most of the movie took place. and thats where "Cole Trickle"s sponsor was City Chevrolet in NC.