Rear clunking sound???

90TGP

I have a rear clunking sound that's been bothering me for a while. When ever I go over a bump or hit a pothole, in the rear right I hear a clunk type of sound. I don't know if it's just a loose interior panel or if it's the rear strut?

Two years ago I had KYB GR2's and KYB strut mounts installed on all four. Then I installed my rear strut tower brace. I thought it might have been the brace hitting something, but it wasn't that. I had those moog spring pads installed a few weeks ago, but the sound's still there.

What do you guys think, strut or a strut mount or an interior panel?

When I have my brakes done, I'll have my dads friend look at the rear suspension for me.

I'd check the sway bar links as well. I had one that was broken and clunked over bumps. Took me a while to figure that one out after replacing the struts... :oops: :)

i also noticed that if you set your car up on jackstands, make sure you don't use the rubber bushing on the link arms. the jack will cut into the link and bend it a small amount...

this leads to rear-end alignment issues.

check the rear aux. spring brackets. the bolt holding the lower brackets on can loosen up, and cause a clunking noise.

the rear aux springs are the rubber figure 8 shaped things.