94 Cutlass Supreme Conv Limited Edition

Greywolf123

I just purchased a 94 Cutlass Supreme Conv. Limited Edition

and I was wondering if any one had any info on this car how many where made, anything I should look forward to or any other groups where I might be able to get more info or parts...

Any way its a 94 Cutlass Supreme Conv Limited Edition Triple black gold pin strips and a Chicago outline on the doors everything is mint garage kept the only things I can see that need attention is the rear glass leaks and the driver side guide for the top is broke oh and the A pillar molding was broke and held on by some double stick tape...

The 2 quarter windows in the back where torn but I replaced though I was surprised GM Still carried the parts they where $40 apiece the A pillar molding is still avail but they want $230.00 so I figured some 3m double stick would work for now...

Anyway Thanks for the Help in advance

Greywolf123

Where to start. LOL. Don't get me wrong I have a 91 Cutlass Convertible and love it but they can be a mess. With most things, GM has disowned the cars, some of the most needed parts are no longer available. I was forced to pay the 230 for the weather strip because mine was messed up bad, half the time they list as unavailable, but from time to time they show up, another common GM parts quirk. If the rear glass leaks I would check the flaps on both sides, sometimes they get folded in wrong, remember though, most convertibles are not 100% leak proof. Some amount of water will get in. As far as numbers go in 94 Olds produced 8,638 Convertibles. They are great cars and I wouldnt trade mine for anything, but as with anything, they are not without problems. Check out http://WWW.OLDSCLUB.ORG Yes I am an OCA member and always trying to recruit new members :)

Jason

I think the limited edition was a dealer group marketing gimmic.

I purchased a 1995 Cutlass convertible from the Chicago area last year. It was the "gold" edition cutlass. It had gold pinstripes on the sides, a decal of the outline of Chicago on the front fenders, a decal of a gold wreath around the trunk lock, and some gold foil type plastic strips glued to the the plastic trim on the lower half of the car and the bumpers. Oh, and the "Cutlass Supreme" badges on the rear quartpanels were painted gold.

I took all that stuff off - just didn't like the look of it. And the foil plastic strips were starting to peel, so they didn't look so great anyway.

On another note, how How does one find out how many models of a particular car were built, like the info 91CutlassConv had about the '94 convertible production figures? And what level does that go down to, is the information available as to how many were made in what color?

Has anybody ever had there trans rebuild or replaced and how much was it....

First time in the morning it shifts hard actually chirped the tires this morning did it twice and it was fine the rest of the drive...

And yesterday driving to work I was doing about 90 let off the gas and the rpm's drop to 1500 but today I figured I would try to recreate it so I was doing 110 and the rpm's stayed around 3500.

And one other thing I replaced the starter and it make a noise kinda like someone but a hanger on the driveshft of a pickup... Thought it might be a shim so I add one and it seem to get a little quiter so I was thinking about adding one more anythoughts Thanks in advance Owen

As far as productions figures go I get mine from the book "Setting the Pace: Oldsmobiles First 100 years" It only has figures for Olds up to 1997 and does not go into detail on colors and such, just number produced, base price, and engines available.

The special edition was just a dealer group option, Olds never produced any special edition Cutty's of that sort. However, dealer in different areas came up with option packages, in the Chicago area, they used that one.

Jason

I had my tranny replaced in january, not a manual unfortunately. I picked up a good tranny from a 95 prix at a yard (had only been there one day) for 300 and then the labor cost about 350 from a family friend that does transmissions. I've had no problems since thean, and it's eve ran better (probably cuz the old filter was horribly dirty :-))

$230 for the A pillar molding? :?

I got one at a yard for $10.

Yeah, but it won't fit the convertibles without some work, and by some I mean a lot because it would involve cutting the vinyl.

Oh, and a brand new rebuilt tranny in my 95' cost me $2100 last summer. That was with all new valve bodies, clutches, planetary gear set, torque converter, etc...

I bought my 1995 Cutlass Convertible last July (hmm now that i think about it the 1-year anniversary is commin up on the 23rd) But and ways, Ive put about 5 to 6 thousand bucks into gettin mine right, Its tripple black also, first i bought american racing rims $1000 (as any new car owner would) then the rear glass was leakin( seems common) so i had the whole top replaced with a cloth one like you see on the BMWs and Benzs $1000, The rubber trim around the quarter glass is deterioratin but it isnt in that bad of shape, I bought a stereo system $1000, My dome light is blown and donsnt work any more. My car was fine up until valentines day 04, went to a party, got into a fight so i hi-tailed it out of the neighbor hood before the cops came... big mistake. the next day my tranny went out. I sold my rims to a person on w-body.com for $200 and a new tranny. tranny costed $250 to put in. I havnt had to put any major engine work into it... yet. I got the dependable 3100. there was that 1 time that i did 115MPH for like 15 minutes str8 and blew a hole in 1 of the coolant pipes that costed about $150 to replace but that wasnt anything major. So my suggestion to u is BABY THAT CAR LIKE ITS A NEW BORN! Next on the list for me is a paint job even tho its the best lookin car in my driveway (yet its the 2nd oldest) its starting to show its age. Oh 1 question?? has any one ever experienced a noice in their front brakes that only happens in reverse? its like a noice like you would get if u took the pads out of the calipers... the pads are brand new. and my back shocks/struts/mono-leaf make a noice too.

Well cars about a month old and the trans went out today any know how much a GM reman will be with a 3 warrenty want to get it fixed right away i drive 130miles to and from work dont feel like driving my 2001 ram 4x4 at 10.5 mpg talk about a killer

I finally got the link working its better if you save the pic and the view it i'll figure out the web site later...

One place said $1675.00 to rebuild the trans.

I'm looking into a factory reman now I'll let you know what I find...

anybody every but a manual it a cutty before and how hard was it..

Thanks Owen

http://www.geocities.com/greywolf123/94Cutlass.html