idle learn procedure

dohc v6

i don't know the entire thing off the top of my head. However, if no one's posted it by the time I get home tonight, I'll check my Haines manual for you. 8)

unplug the battery for 15 or so minutes. plug it back in and restart it. if your idle is loopey, id recommend its not a sign of your intake gaskets going out.

i did have my lower intake manifold ported. could this be the problem with it because the intake manifold gaskets were not perfect. do you think it could be the intake gaskets. the idle is a little wierd like it misses but it idels at 750 andgood vaccume. the 02 sensor is very low when i did a scan it read 120-320 mv

Hope this helps ya :D

Stalling / Revving Problem Fix, Resetting the ECM.

If you have recently replaced your battery or cleaned your throttle body and your car is now stalling and revving weird follow these steps:

1. Reset ECM by pulling ECM fuse (underhood) for a few seconds.

2. With A/C turned off, start car and immediately put it in Drive with your foot on the brake.

3. If the car does not start initially, keep trying WITHOUT putting your foot on the accelerator.

4. Let the car idle in gear for at least 5 and no more than 7 minutes.

5. Shut off the car for 10 seconds.

6. Start engine, place in drive and let idle for 5 minutes.

7. Shut off engine.

8. Idle is learned.

Hope this helps ya :D

Stalling / Revving Problem Fix, Resetting the ECM.

If you have recently replaced your battery or cleaned your throttle body and your car is now stalling and revving weird follow these steps:

1. Reset ECM by pulling ECM fuse (underhood) for a few seconds.

2. With A/C turned off, start car and immediately put it in Drive with your foot on the brake.

3. If the car does not start initially, keep trying WITHOUT putting your foot on the accelerator.

4. Let the car idle in gear for at least 5 and no more than 7 minutes.

5. Shut off the car for 10 seconds.

6. Start engine, place in drive and let idle for 5 minutes.

7. Shut off engine.

8. Idle is learned.

Does this method also apply to the 3800?

this method works for alot of older gm's. i used to use it with my Z24 all the time, it was ghey. you can also just leave it in gear with your e-brake on so oyu dont have to sit there for the whole time.