Got My New Wheels (56k no)

Kalgorn

They all have some scuff markes on them and they still need to be cleaned up. I'm gonna take some Simple Green to them soon. One of the wheels is scuffed up more than the other two but I'm not exactly sure what is dirt and what is scratches yet until I clean it. We'll see. Now I need a 4th wheel and some tires.

wheels%20001.jpg

wheels%20002.jpg

wheels%20003.jpg

wheels%20004.jpg

wheels%20005.jpg

Konig Five-Oh

Correct.

I'm going to clean them up tomorrow and possibly go to check out tires too. However I do need to order another wheel... :lol:

They're 17x8.

I was hoping to use Simple Green since I've got a bottle sitting around here. I've used it on my stock wheels and it made them look much better. There were "spots" on the clear coat that looked like shit but the Simple Green took them out.

lumina3.jpg

Those are the spots I'm talking about.

There were "spots" on the clear coat that looked like shit but the Simple Green took them out.

I got those "spots" too on my clear coat. They are spots were the clear coat has come off and now it's all corroded there. I've used some sandpaper to remove the majority of the corrosion, but how can I remove the entire clear coat saftely?

i bought something 2 weekends ago that's blue that's specifically for wheels. I can't remember what it's called. I'll look on my shelf in the garage when I get home. But it made my rims look much nicer. I wish I'd found and used the stuff sooner.

...just remember, the bigger the side wall, the smaller the rim looks.....I also think 225s are kinda small for 8" wide rims...I wouldn't go any smaller than 235s....although $40 each is a decent price...

...just remember, the bigger the side wall, the smaller the rim looks.....I also think 225s are kinda small for 8" wide rims...I wouldn't go any smaller than 235s....although $40 each is a decent price...

Yeah, but a smaller sidewall on a smaller rim looks ridiculous... not as ridiculous as those people running low-pro's on a 13" wire wheel with funky gothic lettering on the rear window... but close. I would always recommend striving for OEM overall diameter and not going any less than 1" smaller. Too much gap on the sides is just as bad as too much gap on the top, IMO.

225/55R17 is the perfect diameter to match stock, and 225's will be a ton better than 245's in the snow, so if he's planning on using the wheels year-round (no winter wheels), I'd definitely go with 225's.

I totally agree with you Shawn, but isnt 225 too small for an 8" wide rim? I had 225s on my old 17s that were only 7" wide....

Nah, I checked Tirerack for some 225/55R17 tires, and they all say 6-8".

So he's in the clear. That will leave for very little sidewall bulge though, so I'd steer clear of curbs!!! :shock:

Well I'm going with 225s because the tires are already flush with the car right now. I don't want my tires sticking out from the car. That would look horrible.

The curbs are what worries me though. I park next to a curb everyday in front of my house. I could park out back of my house but one of my family members would have to park out front in my place. However I rarely hit curb so I don't think it's too big a deal. I'm pretty good at parking.

i bought something 2 weekends ago that's blue that's specifically for wheels. I can't remember what it's called. I'll look on my shelf in the garage when I get home. But it made my rims look much nicer. I wish I'd found and used the stuff sooner.

This?

blue%20stuff.jpg

Just picked up some from Advance a little while ago. Gonna try it now.