How gay is this....

Deekay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i drive to work on sunday, no problems, drive home, no problems at all. so then i go out and when i get there i put my car in park and shut it off...only it didn't shut off, something happened in the ignition cylinder or something, and the key just spun around but wouldn't catch anything. so im stuck with my engine running. so off to find a garage, but keep in mind it was a sunday. the only open place that could take me was the princess and bath canadian tire.

so they look at it and tell me no problem it will be out in 2 or 2 and a half hours. so then i get a call, "ummm the jobs harder than we thought it will be ready tomorrow at 12pm guarenteed" so i go today at 12, nope cars not done. so i go back at 5 when im done work and now they say they dont have the parts and to come back tomorrow. im so pissed. but it wont cost me anymore they said, but they also said it would only take 2 hrs....

they called its gonna be like $300 after taxes and labour. apparently some shaft or something snapped. anyways i get it tomorrow at noon

You got screwed.

yea i know i got screwed :dammit: that was why i posted this. but i really didn't have a choice. im not working in a garage now so i woulda have had to pay labour and such wherever i went but CT is gay and i will never deal with them for auto repairs again :read:

yeah, I don't think the $300 is too far off either, but them not calling you to tell you whats going on was bullshit. Your right not to go back there again.

yea i had my ignition lock cylinder act up once a few weeks ago. It actually kept my car from starting. I stopped to get gas coming back from Jersey and I was still over 1 hour from my house. I went to start her back up and it wouldn't crank. I was like oh great my f*cking starter is dead. Then I was cursing at my car and turned the key again the 9th time and she started. I even took out my starter and had it tested by Pep Boys to make sure. I guess that's why it's listed as a common problem of our cars :roll:

got it back now it was $280 so whatever at least it fixed right, got it back at 12 today like they said so they redeemed themselves a little bit. nice to have my ride back thats for sure.