Raybestos Brutestop brake update

Heza

ok...as many of you may know i installed Brutestop slotted rotors up front with Brutestop pads.

good:

they stop the car better than any other w-body ive driven/ridden in

bad:

squeek at lower speeds, make noise at lower speeds (the slots rubbing on pads), and are fairly dusty. after one week, my front wheels lost the polish look and are noticeably dirty. could be because they are still setting, but im not sure.

either way, im thinking of changing my front setup because its pissing me off.

Welcome to the world of Raybestos brake pads. They're dusty as hell. My wheels get dirty over the coarse of about two days driving with Brute Stop pads. And I've got the same problems with squealing. Wait untill winter. Don't expect to stop quickly the first time you hit the brakes, it won't happen untill the pads warm up.

Thanks for that little update. I was just about to order the Brutestop rotors and pads for both of my cars. Now I think maybe I'll go with PG Plus rotors and Performance Friction pads and see how that works out...

Oh, I forgot to mention. The best way to deal with the dust seems to be to get your wheels super clean, and then put a couple coats of good wax on them. Despite being super dusty I never have to use anything besides soappy water to clean my wheels. Then again I wash my car by hand twice a week so the dust doesn't have a lot of time to bake on either. Just a thought though.