Cleaned up my exhaust tips, new pics

sl3196

well i use "mother's mag and wheel cleaner" on my tips every-time i wash my car.

that shit works just like yours came out, but then again, the first time i tried to make em shine, i used steel wool.

I cleaned off the tips on my TSTE on Friday. I had no idea that they were chrome tips! I've had the tips off the car before when I replaced the mufflers and didn't notice then, but I tried to clean them off so there wasn't a half inch of dirt on them, and noticed that there seemed to be a shiny spot, so I got some steel wool out and 5 minutes later I had some good looking chrome exhaust tips. Now here it is Monday night and they are black again...not worth the work to keep them clean if they are just black again in 3 days...but they looked good for a couple days.

Shawn

ya know....its funny, the "chrome lined tip" option shows up in the RPO codes. I checked the RPO codes on the STE, and it said "chromed lined tips" or something, so I went and checked with my chrome polish and sure enough, chrome, LOL

It's amazing what a little sandpaper job will do. They sure look a hell of alot better then they used to, every post97 GP GT's exhaust looks how yours did before...all black and crap.

well i use "mother's mag and wheel cleaner" on my tips every-time i wash my car.

so do i. that stuff will shine any metal like a mirror