Photoshop request (paint)

THe_DeTAiL3R

Wondering if any of you skilled Photoshop artists could help me out...

I'm taking into consideration painting my car. I've got the crazy idea of racing stripes now :shock:

Could someone do a 1988-90 GP SE painted bright red (like a TGP) with dual SILVER racing stripes? Have the stripes just go to the hood (there will be a bra), and down the trunk (not on the bumpers)

Only thing in my mind stopping me from painting it that way is the fact that I have a high-17 second car :lol: but I still wanna see how cool it would look and it would be a fun task.

Thanks!

I did this really quickly (like 5 minutes), so its not that good, and i had trouble getting the right color, but you get the idea anyways. Oh yeah and i don't know how to photoshop a bra in there. I'm also a begineer at photoshop.

396539_19_full.jpg

hahahahhahahaha, nice comments guys

I tryed to use the TGP red but i don't know how to paint it like that, so i had to find a color manually. I think the light is reflecting too much thats why the red looks more pink. I have the original pic if someone wants to try again.

Yeah thats basically what I'm going after.. except not pink :lol:

And wider stripes, like the ones this, but a lighter silver (not grey):

223926_19_full.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: your killing me Canadian....I try not to look at any pictures with the stripes. I still love my Cutty thougH!

OK, here's my 30 minute MS Paint version:

2485783-lg.jpg

(I had a little trouble with the silver also)

Thanks.. that looks pretty slick. Amazed you could do that in MS Paint! :shock:

Still needs:

-stripes going across the roof and onto the trunk (no sunroof)

-darker windows (mine are 20% tint)

-IF I do it I plan on taking off the trim on the sides of the car (and probably just smoothing the front and back out with fiberglass to make it look like one piece) - totally debadges SMOOTH look 8)

-Also, what would TGP/GTP style (crosslace) wheels look like (painted black, with a chrome ring around the edge)

White looks cool though, I still wonder what silver would look like. The spoiler on that car is cool I need to find something like that.

I'll see if I can play around with that pic myself.

Thanks for the work bluegp!

Picky...picky....picky!

Looks damn good though guys.

I have Photoshop but I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm a fairy new user....but, could some PM me with some helpful hints as to where I should begin. :D

Still needs:

-stripes going across the roof and onto the trunk (no sunroof)

-darker windows (mine are 20% tint)

-IF I do it I plan on taking off the trim on the sides of the car (and probably just smoothing the front and back out with fiberglass to make it look like one piece) - totally debadges SMOOTH look

-Also, what would TGP/GTP style (crosslace) wheels look like (painted black, with a chrome ring around the edge)

White looks cool though, I still wonder what silver would look like. The spoiler on that car is cool I need to find something like that.

I did a little more work on the picture. I had to use MS Picture It! along with MS Paint this time. As for the erasing the sunroof, this was the first time I tried anything like that - I'm kinda impressed. The stripes in the first one were silver, but they did look white. I tried a darker silver on this one. I'm not sure that they are even/centered though. I was going to try to tint the windows, but forgot until I read this again. If I get time to mess around with it again, I'll try to do the crosslace wheels, trim, & tint. I can't help you with the spoiler - I have no idea what kind it is.

2489917-lg.jpg

bluegp that looks awsome! Great job on the roof! I tried working on it myself with MS Paint but it looked like complete crap.

The size/location of the stripes is JUST RIGHT. It probably lines up well with the 2 grills on the bumper. When/IF I were to paint stripes I'd practise with masking tape to get it right anyways.

The spoiler is cool I'd basically look for something similar (maybe one off a Grand Am). But the one on that pic is good.

If you decide to work on the pic some more..

- Crossslace wheels would look really cool. IF you can't you could just paint those sawblades silver (like I have currently on my car).

-The trim should be easy to do, and I would be doing it all the way around the car including the front, so basically just mold it all together.

-and the tint I've got 20% so whatever

Thanks alot! :D