Car fell of jacks Need advice!

Smoke1991

ya simple stuff really, at the shop we use 4 ton jacks so its a different story BUT at home with my 2 ton stuff. I always use two jack stands up front with the rear end blocked. and I NEVER leave a car on my JACK, great way to ruin it and its the most expensive part to a set. I always throw the rims under the frame rails just in case.

... and blocks aren't going to do any good if the car is already on jackstands.

Don't know why anyone would risk their life to prove the point that they believe a car is safe without blocking the wheels instead of just takeing the 30 seconds of time it takes to block the wheels. Maybe you are right blocking doesn't do any good, but what if your not ?

Everyone should see a car fall down at least once (with no one underneath it of course) you need to see it in person not a video, hear the crash, thud and feel the rumble in your feet as 2 tons of metal bounces off the floor a couple times, you'll do everything you can to make sure a vehicle is supported as solid and safe as you can make it before crawling underneath it after.

I have 2 ton jack stands from wal-mart. i think they were 15 bucks. I've been using them for a couple years. I think that after reading this story, I am going to invest in some nicer ones.