1990 cutlass climate control help?

TNT

Daughter has a 1990 olds cutlass, everything inside is digital, dash and all, the build date on the door is 06/90, ok, the climate control went out in the car, it is also completely digital, so we go to the junkyard and look at 10 cars exactly like it, from the years 88-90, none of them had the same temp control as hers, they were all close but had a slider switch on them that goes from hot to cold where hers does not, the oldest one was 1988 and the newest one was made in 10/90, so hers was built between those 2 yet the control on hers is different, so we go to another junkyard and look at 2 more and they had the controls like the other ones we looked at, what gives? its almost like hers was the only one built with the complete digital climate control, anyone know what the deal would be?

thanks

Hers is probably an International Series Cutlass, which is just the high level option package that was available. You should be able to get the climate control out of a comparably equipped Cutlass from about 88-93, maybe even a 94'. Good luck finding it though since well equipped Cutlass's are pretty rare.

'89-92 for direct fit. '93-94 physically look similar but have different mount points on the dash. Can still be used though, I believe 2 of 4 screws will line up. I have a spare one that noone's claimed (thought it was sold but it still sits here) let me know if you're interested. I haven't used it in a while but it's worth a shot Id say.

you'll get a private message in a second. I'm not sure if it works but I'll send you two of them (just found my other spare) which definetly did work.

Brian

at the moment I haven't found any in pristine shape. One I'm selling has button-crack and the others have just average wear. But sometimes a mint one shows at the junkyard so I'll keep that in mind :wink:

Oh, well, buttons don't matter. I just need a good bezel and lens, my buttons are pristine and should be transplantable.

If you'd keep an eye out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Mine's really messed up looking! Damn GM for discontinuing parts, they used to sell the adhesive top layer of the bezel separately. :(