BLACKING OUT FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS

MIKELABZ

i've noticed some cars on this site and others that have the front and rear driving lights blacked out. so how does one do that? is it paint? is it a film?

any tips? any ideas?

If you were really up to putting some time and effort into it, you could simply make a template out of carboard or some other type of easily flexed material. Then, simply find some heavy duty plastic and make your own. Of course, you'd have to figure out a way to mount them. Then after you get them fitting as you wish, paint them with that spray on tint shit. I've thought about doing that with my 2 door. But too bad in PA I'd get pulled over in about 2 minutes...lol

Guest Anonymous

NY is even worse with the exterior of the car.

at least in PA you only need plates on the back of the car. Its an automatic fine if you dont have them on the front.

Forget any type of colored bulb outside. I had blue by my license plate and it looked really nice... that didnt last long. However, ricers always get away with it around here because the cops are biased like that. A ricer could go flying by doing 90 with all blue and green lites and they will pull over the TA instead b/c it had a racing license plate in the front.

Nope, in PA there is actually NO LAW stating what the tint can be. Most of the time, if it didn't come stock on the car it's not allowed. At least up here where I am in the North West part of the state, local cops had tint meters and even staters were pulling over for tint. It has REALLY died off, but I'm still not gonna stick money into it b/c I don't wanna rip it off. And there is also nothing tinted to be covering the front or rear lights. Even in the day time, tell me if that makes sence. Oh well I guess. Life goes on.