Odd coupe options

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I went over to investiagte my future Petty Edition today. I was a bit suprised by the DIC. I thought that only STE's got the VFD one that shows the open doors and such- but this one had it. I always thought coupes got the multicolour lcd one, correct? It was strange becuase the DIC shows 4 doors and the car only has two. The lady said it came that way from the factory when she bought it in 92.

Anyone ever seen this in a coupe from the factory? is it a GM-mess up?

The rest of the car was in great shape. Outside could use a good wash and wax. The engine needs a new head gasket and one valve needs replacement.

NICE GP :D I wish I had one like that, absolutley beautiful!

I'm not sure about the DIC but a head gasket and 1 valve is nothing. Are you gonna start ripping apart that 3.4 soon? and do you know which valve out of the 24 is the problem?

If you want to make it look nice, give it a good wash, buy a mothers clay bar kit, use it, then wax the car. It'll make the paint look like new! 8) Also clean the interior and put some armor all on it to make it shine!

are you gonna do this yourself because it sounds like a hard job? You should look into the prices, doing it ur self vs pay someone else vs buying a whole new engine. By "weak" do you mean bad compression? because if its minor you could just pour some of that sealer stuff in and hope that it holds up.

Guest Anonymous

Im probbaly gonna have a shop do it becuase I dont know anything about engines other than changing oil and such. I'd like to do the repair for under 1000 if thats possible. Ive posted pics on the 8th page of my cardomain in the www button below for those who would like to see the car.

Good luck with having those repairs for under $1000. Headgaskets cost a shitload to have replaced at a shop. The gaskets are cheap but the labor to get it all done is what hurts you. Plus you're saying they'll have to replace a cylinder too so that means they have to go even further into the engine. I think it's going to run you a bit...

Guest Anonymous

It is going to cost alot.

I went back to see the car, the owner returned to yonkers but her father was there trying to sell it to some hill billy with no teeth! i was like WTF IS THIS?

So i called her on her cell and left a message, becuase she had said the car was mine, I cant understand what the hell the father was doing.

VFD DIC is 91-93.

It was used in all GP's, but the special options (bulb monitor, door/washer fluid monitor, etc.) weren't enabled in the coupes.

Guest Anonymous

If anyone has the interface mechanism for a VFD that I could wire in, Id be interested in that as well... Gearhead tells me its a lot of wiring to get all of the other things to work like the bulbs and doors.