HEEELP!!!! trouble with FFP mountsUPDATED!!!!!

Euro

What do you have to do to make the FFP mounts(or any mounts) for the 3.1 fit? I tried the FFP ones, and the distance between the two holes were bigger than the mount. This goes the same for my stock motor mounts. what do i have to do tilt the motor forward, and if so, how?

Im screwed for the chicago meet tomorrow if i dont get this on. thanks guys in advance!!!

Cant you stick a bar or something on the mount on the motor, and pull it forward, then put on one of the ffp mounts and finally the other.

If the distance between the bracket on the engine and the bracket on the radiator core support thing is larger than the length of the ffp mount, wouldnt pulling/rocking the motor forward so the distance is made shorter make sence? Im not sure why the distance would have changed thought that doesnt make sence to me.

He means that your motor probably rocked backwards when you took your old mounts out. It would have been easier to do them one at a time, not like it helps now though. You need to pull it forward using a strong buddy or a pry bar.

I have no idea why its not fitting. Once my dad gets home we're gonna tackle it. but yeah the FFP one and stock one are too small it seems for the holes.

this is totally confusing the hell outta me!

i thought you would just take one off, put the new one on, then ditto for the other one. but apparently NOT!!!!

I have no idea why its not fitting. Once my dad gets home we're gonna tackle it. but yeah the FFP one and stock one are too small it seems for the holes.

this is totally confusing the hell outta me!

i thought you would just take one off, put the new one on, then ditto for the other one. but apparently NOT!!!!

How many are off right now? just one?

Well, if the stock mount and ffp mount are the same length, and now niether will fit id try rocking the motor forward a little so they will fit.

when i changed my mounts one at a time i didn't have a problem. are you sure they didn't send you the wrong ones? you're definately going to want to grab the engine and pull it forward...

My single mount as easy as hell to put on. I just took it off and had the FFP one on in a matter of 10mins. I'm sure it would be the same for the 3.1 mounts. :? Wierd!

they might actually be the wrong ones. when i lined em up with my stock ones, the holes didnt line up all the way. Im gonna call FFP and see what they have to say.

i bought a rachet strap thing and am gonna see if that will work tilting the motor forward.

this had to f-ing happen to me too....

well i called FFP and he said to just pull the motor forward. So my dad came home, pulled the motor forward with a pry bar, and they fit. hot damn it helps with two people!!!

the guy at FFP was helpful like none other!!

thanks for the input guys, you were all right initially.

Guest Anonymous

When I put mine on the passenger side seemed to short and the drivers side was too long, but the mounts were the same length. The motor and frame were sitting a little crooked.