Lighted door handles

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was reading an old post about the lighted keyring on the doors of grand prix's... does anyone know if a 92 petty edition would have that feature?

My 95 doesnt have it... could it be added in? Has anyone done it?

Practically all 88-93 Grand Prix's have the illuminated key-lock cylender. If your '95 doesn't have it, it would probably just be too much work to add such a worthless little feature.

Guest Anonymous

Im done as far as working on the 95. Its days are numbered.

When I decide to redo the Petty edition, Im going to have to sell it to pay for the repairs. Im just hoping the petty edition has the lighted door handle. It has every other option... one less thing i'd have to add.

My driver side one lights up, but the passenger side was burnt out, and my new handle on the same side i dont think lights up. I wouldnt know, i dont enter my car from that side.

It would be quite a PITA to add one to your sedan. The lock mounts basically on the outside of the sheetmetal. The coupes were able to have it because the lock cylinder was set in just a bit.

Not all W-coupes had that little courtesy light on the outside door handle?

WOW...ya learn something new everyday. :?

So was it an option or something, or which ones had 'em?

my '92 CS SL sedan doesn't have them...

many of us don't, and i don't understand why someone would want to tear apart doors to get one

btw does anyone have pic of how this looks like at night?does it stay on all the time or just when you pull the door handle? and what light bulb size does the GP sedan use?