Engine sawp & prices

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, after a long, drawn out discussion, I may actually be getting the Petty Edition, which will need a new engine if I dont have an extensive rebuild done.

I'd like some input from people who have done this before.

How much would either the 3.4L cost, or maybe say the newer 3.8 cost (for the engine) and what would it cost to have it put in?

Im told a rebuild would be in the $4000 range and isnt worth it. I know the car needs a head gasket and may have valve damage.

I apprecaite your help

-R

Just to have someone put a 3.8L is going to cost more than fixing the 3.4L, if you were going to do it yourself the 3.8L would be cheaper but probably not by much in the end and would be 100 times the work.

Try to source a 34 out of a wreck, that's probably your best bet.

If you wasnt so far away...I do front wheel drive engine swaps for 300 and rear wheel for 200....as far as putting in something that wasnt there before...front wheel drive bigger motor conversions is 450 with me for the time I have to invest into making everything right.

If you wasnt so far away...I do front wheel drive engine swaps for 300 and rear wheel for 200....as far as putting in something that wasnt there before...front wheel drive bigger motor conversions is 450 with me for the time I have to invest into making everything right.

That's pretty damn cheap to re-wire someone's entire interior not to mention the rest of the work under the hood...

Would you be willing to do a 3800 S I or II swap into my Grand Prix??