Illinois Emissions

mannix

I'm getting ready to take the emmisions test on saturday. I drive my car less than 500 miles each year. I'll be getting it ready by changing the oil, oil filter, spark plugs and maybe the oxygen sensor.

The only concern is that when ideling (in park), the rpm's sometime jump to around 2000 rmp's and stays there for a while, especially when just starting it up. This doesn't happen all the time. When driving around it's fine, and even after putting in park, then it might do it again after a few minutes. I've had the injectors replaced a year ago, and the cat convertor as well. No service engine light comes on. Any ideas? Should I be concerned.... ???

Well, you'll have a helluva time passing if the x-over is still cracked/original. (Maybe, but we don't have emissions her in Indiana, so it's just a guess, but running rich like that would sure not be good for emissions.)

from what i was told, drive your car around and get it nice and hot then hurry up pull in and tell them your ready. but if that cross over is still cracked its close to impossible to pass.