Might sell my '92 GP....any advice?

clemsonfan69

Im thinking of selling my '92 3.4L. Any suggestions (performance wise) on what general parts I should replace w/new ones to 'up' the selling price?

[edit] I already have new:

*alternator

*thermostat

*battery

*coolant sensor

*air charge sensor

*rear brake pads

*rear brake calipers

*fuel filter

coming soon:

*tint

*spark plugs and wires

*oil filter

*tranny filter

*oxygen sensor

*cheap muffler/tips (the cherry bombs on here are GONE lol)

*a few interior pieces from a junkyard

*new door handles

peace

CJ

performance parts arn't going to make your car worth more. a car that's clean and doesn't need any mechaincal work will though.

the average used car buyer doesn't give a shit about mods. they just want a reliable cheap car.

lol Thats why im replacing all stock parts that might help the car run better....nothing performance wise.

Any other tune parts you can think of?

peace

CJ

lol Thats why im replacing all stock parts that might help the car run better....nothing performance wise.

Any other tune parts you can think of?

peace

CJ

Thats a pretty thorough list.

let me guess....visit the junkyard? lol

awesome. i was seriously considering tricking this car out, ya know, rims-paint-system, etc.....

but a friend of mine gave me a ride in his '95 camaro Z28 the other day. we pulled up beside a COMPLETELY tricked out ricer-civic (body kit, rims, and oh COURSE stickers everywhere). The civic wanted to race, and needless to say we smoked him. i pretty much fell in love w/ the Z28's at that point lol

peace

CJ

Do the minimum required to have it running good/safe. Otherwise you are throwing your money away. I know that I woun't want to buy a customized car... cause I'd want to customize it myself!!

let me guess....visit the junkyard? lol

awesome. i was seriously considering tricking this car out, ya know, rims-paint-system, etc.....

but a friend of mine gave me a ride in his '95 camaro Z28 the other day. we pulled up beside a COMPLETELY tricked out ricer-civic (body kit, rims, and oh COURSE stickers everywhere). The civic wanted to race, and needless to say we smoked him. i pretty much fell in love w/ the Z28's at that point lol

peace

CJ

... Your GP can do that, too. If Import killing is your thing, grab a FFP chip and work on a Turbo instead of having rims and a system.

I wouldn't bother doing anything but maybe putting stock mufflers on it and making everything look stock. Forget the tint, I've seen people not buy a car just because it had tinted windows, so the potential buyer thought if the owner did this one mod, what other things might he have modded? People really prefer not to buy modded cars, IMO.

Anything else like plug wires, tranny filter, oil filter, etc. no one will notice (unless they're REALLY bad) so I wouldn't waste the money.

a good ol' fartcan or 2 with a giant wing and tricked out vinyls will do the trick :lol:

don't even joke. someone posted pics of a CS sedan, the same color as mine and yours, with a park bench wing and dual fartcans.

i took a major shit after i saw that picture

I think the special part was BS. He updated his page with normal info..

does he still have all that shit on his car?

that ruined a nice Supreme

I almost bought a tip for my exhaust.. It looked kinda like yours, maybe a bit bigger, but not fart canny like that one.. Iwasnt about to pay 25 bucks for it though..

actually, that isn't a lot for a decent tip. i've seen black stainless Camaro tips go for over $80, which was why i was amazed to find my regular stainless tips for $14

chrome plated tips are a lot less. some people claim they rust out within a year, but my buddy has cheap chrome tips on his Grand Am for 2 years and they're not totally rusted out yet, just a little corroded. they look new from 10 feet away. just keep them clean and polished. mothers mag and aluminum polish shines bare metal really nice, and it's cheap. if you're gonna weld them on, i'd just get stainess, or just tack it on so they're easy to grind off