1994 Cutlass Supreme convt top

Mickj

is it not working at all? sometimes? slowly?

if it works but is hesitant or goes slowly, check the fluid in the pump.

that's probably one of the more common problems, as with both my cavalier and my cutlass. that's the main thing i can think of off hand

Thank you for the quick response and suggestion. It works sometimes and hesitates. Any particular way to check the fluid or special type of fluid to use?

here are a few quick snapshots i took

on the passenger side of the trunk, pull back the carpet and youll see the pump under the bracket thingy

1.jpg

2.jpg

theres a cap on the top that tightens (if i remember right) with some sort of star driver. make sure thats tight first, and/or take that off to add more fluid.

I'm pretty sure its just standard brake fluid. or at least thats what i remember using

Can any other convertible owners or knowlegable souls weigh in on EXACTLY what type of fluid to put in the pump? And how do know if its full, I know that may sound stupid, but my pump isn't full up to the top and there's no markings to speak of.

Thanks guys, I would have looked it up myself, but I don't have a manual and the PDF copy I have doesn't cover the convertible. Any one know how full is full though???