Convertable frame

soccrplayrgtp

WHAT WAS ADDED TO WITHHOLD THE BODYROLL FOR THE CONVERTS?? Where are the pieces of reinforcement? and what are they.. pics would be wonderous!

I doubt that you could see most of what they did without ripping the interior appart.

On the old cars they just built the frames heavier but with uni-body all the can do is strengthen the floor, maybe stronger bracing behind rear seats etc.... All would pretty much be hidden as to not affect appearance.

So unless someone loves you I doubt you're getting pictures :lol:

I doubt that you could see most of what they did without ripping the interior appart.

On the old cars they just built the frames heavier but with uni-body all the can do is strengthen the floor, maybe stronger bracing behind rear seats etc.... All would pretty much be hidden as to not affect appearance.

So unless someone loves you I doubt you're getting pictures :lol:

:lol: :withstupid:

WHAT WAS ADDED TO WITHHOLD THE BODYROLL FOR THE CONVERTS?? Where are the pieces of reinforcement? and what are they.. pics would be wonderous!

duct-tape.jpg

&

jbweld.JPG

I'm just going by memory, but there's cross braces on the core support in front of the radiator, large frame rails going front to rear under the door sills, stamped sheetmetal pieces at the bottom front corners of the door opening, a huge stamped piece under the rear seat, a stamped framework between the rear wheels... I think there's more, but that's all I remember.

ok cool thats more of what i was looking for than the duct tape lol... I'm not looking for someone to rip apart their car to get me pics. but if its been looked into by various people they may have pics of one from a junkyard or something. Thanx Gnat

I can get pics out of a service manual, but you'll have to remind me later because I'm at work now and by the time I get home, I'll have forgotten everything.