New visiter, saying hello to everyone!

Just wanted to drop by today and say hello. Today was the first day I stopped by this site and was rather impressed. So kudos! for the site! and Thanks! I have been looking for a good reference and source for my W-body needs.

So! you are wondering what my W-body is? Well it is nothing fancy but I love it to death. I have always been a fan of the W-body cars, and finally own one.

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL

black with tan cloth interior

Series II, so nothing fancy, but amazing how even the low end model had all the nice toys.

30th Anniviersary gold badging. I don't know a ton about this particular option. The car came with gold circle badges on the doors and the trunklid. The name plates are also gold. Now, I have seen gold editions before, but this is the first Anniversery badged car I have seen.

Not much else to say about the car, other than I replaced the cassette deck with a factory CD player (why the hell did I do that when I love car audio? Don't ask, I don't know).

I have had my share of problems, like having to replace the entire fuel system at 82,000 miles (has 104,500 now and purrs like a kitten). leaking intake gaskets, and some nasty clunk in the trunk/rear suspension/body area that no one including myself can track down. This happens around corners or going over bumps. The rear shocks are new... ideas?

So anyway.. wanted to drop an line and say hello. I have a ton of questions and some things to post, but I'll leave that for later :D

As for upgrades in my future? well, it depends on my financials, but I do dream. I would kind of like to continue o nthe gold badging "Special Edition" theme. I was thinking about using the Pontiac gold cross-lace 16" wheels and a set of Goodyear HP Ultra Plus tires in 225/55-16 (though after reading this site I am considering 235/55-16). I also would lvoe to go to the FE3 sway bar. other than that, I hoenstly don't like the beige steering wheel and would like to find a black one form another car. Also planned, is replaceing the back seat with the fold down optional seats.

Oh! and another big thing would be to go with dual mufflers. So, was wondering what your experiences have been. I don't know what I would all need, I would assume a new rear Y-pipe and of course mufflers.

So to all.... HELLO!

WELCOME!

The 30th An. Ed. was to mark 30 years of building the Cutlass, which in my oppinion is a great car. It also marked the last Cutlass Supreme ever build and closed out the old Oldsmobile. Most 1997's had these badges but very few 97's were built therefore not many are seen. As for the dual exhaust, it should be fairly easy as dual exhaust was available on these cars in older models, therefore all the space is there and parts readily available. Hope you love your Cutty as much as I love mine :) Again, welcome.

Jason

1991 Cutlass Supreme Convertible

Thanks for the greetings,

Oh yeah, I love the thing to death! which is funny considering all the vehicles I have owned. I can't seem to stay interested in a car for more than a year and a half. This coming April will be 2 years so, heheh, we shall see! I have nothing but plans for it, so that is a good sign.

It's a coupe, to answer that question. I also looked into the FE3 sway bar this morning as I had to take it in for a few things (get a knew vent controol knob, oil change, etc).

When I first saw it, I was originally looking for a smaller car, but my wife pointed it out. I was hooked. I loved the small spoiler on the trunk lid and the tail lights, the gold stripe and emblems, 5-spoke wheels. I had dreams of owning a convertable with the 3.4L, but this will do nicely :)

Welcome and good luck with your car you should be happy with it, they are a lot of fun to drive and very confortable and reliable and of course they have a looks of a car that looks more expensive.