225/55/16

White93z34

is anyone running these tires i have the oppurtunity to get a almost brand new set of yokohamas for $200 from a friend, my only point of concern is that my car came with and still has 225/60/16 will the 55s make any difference i know they are abit smaller then mine will this make my speedo be innacurate?

225/55/16 - is anyone running these tires...will this make my speedo be innacurate?

That's the size I have. I like them because they look a lot wider than the 60 series. In my case, the '89 originally came with 195/70/15 tires (that size is not made anymore) and the 225/55/16 comes out to be the same diameter.

There were a few different size tires used on the W's - I doubt there were any differences in the VSS, ECM, etc. between these cars. There's probably a "average" tire diameter that the parts are calibrated for. Like said, your speedo may be a little off anyway. If it is dead on right now, it will be a little off when those tires are used. Here's a speedometer error calculator: http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm With the sizes mentioned, it says that when the speedo would read 55 MPH, the actual speed would be 53 MPH.

For sure get the tires, good deal!

My car originally came with 195/75/14 but now has 225/60/16 buy those calculations it would read under by a few mph.

LOL! I forgot I'm using the chip and ss from another car so I have no idea how far my speedo is off.

Any idea what a '90 GP SE with 5-spd might have gotten for factory tires/rim size???