Warped Rotor/Brake Replacement Questions

SmoothSteve3

Hey everyone....this is my first time really working on the brakes on either of my w-bodies, so please bare with me....

1. There is a sound coming from the rear of my 94 Regal Custom that can only be described as a "wamp". It seems to happen each time that the rear wheels turn. It also goes away once the brakes are applied, but comes right back when they are not. I'm thinking this is a warped rotor....any thoughts?

2. I need to replace the pads and rotors on my 1990 lumina....is there anything special i need to know about removing the calipers? I've heard that the pistons will depress once removed from the car....is this true? If so, how do I prevent this from happening so I can put the calipers back on when I'm done...

3. I've been watching the debates on here for the past few weeks about the slotted/drilled disc brakes on Ebay. Some very valid points have been brought up, and I'd have to agree that they probably weren't made right, and would crack very quickly. So here's my question: What about just the regular disc brakes on ebay? Would they also crack/warp easily? Or would they work fine?

Anyhow, sorry for all the questions....and thanks in advance!

SmoothSteve

1. There is a sound coming from the rear of my 94 Regal Custom that can only be described as a "wamp". It seems to happen each time that the rear wheels turn. It also goes away once the brakes are applied, but comes right back when they are not. I'm thinking this is a warped rotor....any thoughts?

Same thing just started happening to one of my front rotors. I know they're warped somewhat but it must be getting bad, it was my guess that it makes the noise because of warpage too. only does it at really low speeds, like idle speed.

the prospect of a rotor explodeing dosen't really apeal to me, you will need an actuator tool for the rear brakes. i'd personally go with high quality raybestos