Achieving a drop

cryptnix

After reading alot of articles about dropping our W-Bodies ... I haven't come to a conclusion as of yet.

I wouldn't mind the coilover method of being able to drop and raise ...

nor would i not mind about changing the monoleaf ... needless to say ... i'm having a hard time chosing which one ... i want to have semi decent if not better handling than what i have ... I plan on going for some 18's ... and low pros ...

not sure exactly but i figured you folks could probably help me decide ...

yeah, doing both was a consideration ...

but i do want the option of being able to drop it to as low as only a inch left from the car itself to the ground ... (yes, I'm that nuts) but ...

with in mind of what that red Cutlass Supreme looks like off of l67swap ... gave me quite a few ideas ... on a clean verison of it :) Sorry man ... (if you frequent this site) ha ...

Anyways, $1000 on new suspension in the back isn't that bad. At least I don't think ... especially being able to have the ability to drop drop drop drop drop drop drop drop ... but i think the coil overs will be first :-D because I want it dropped DROPPED ... :-D although my motor is first ... i think my head gasket is uhh ...

all i smell is oil and i got a mystery leak ... and reviewed all possible areas so ... perhaps? eh

i dunno though ... i want my l67 so bad ... so bad that i wanna get a damn loan for one ... wel for the motor and the trans and the axels ... :-D (need to get my credit going) so its a consideration

Who, me? No, the red Cutlass on L67swap.com isn't mine!!! You're talking about that crazy one with hood spoiler and more garnishments than a Christmas tree, right?

Hell no!!! I like things clean and simple (or "plain" as a lot of members here would say).

BTW, his rims are Voxx MGR's, formerly known as MAS President's.

They are a nice clean wheel, but I like mine a million times better. :)

i'm talking about yours on the w-body logo atop of each and every page of this form on the top left side ...

and, yeah, i liked his rims too ... they were nice ... bigger tires make the car appear to be smaller ... oddly enough :-D

anyway, thanks ... but i wanna know what the name of the wheels are that you have on teh logo

Oh that! That's some AE 077 18" polished photoshopped on.

The wheels I actually bought for the 89 are silver painted, I thought it would match the ground-effects better. I put CSA Gladiators on it, I'll have pics soon. I just painted the rear calipers this weekend.

From an angle, they have more of a 3D look than the 077's, so I think I made the right choice, but it required shaving the front caliper bracket and a 5mm spacer.

I have chrome 077's sitting in boxes in the garage, waiting for me to buy tires and put them on the black convertible though. Nice thing about the 077's is it won't take any work to get them on, unless I want to make the calipers pretty (which I probably will).

what would be the easiest way to make a new centerpiece i want to remove it ... its annoying i hate American Eagle Rims or at least the flashy shit they throw on it ... i want it clean ... no emblums

and i don't know how stupid 17's would look like in the front and 18's in the back ... or even if its worth it ... i want some support here :-)

i at least wanna make it look good before next years or winters drop of the l67 cause i'm also looking for a econobox to drive around in

let alone the drop of the rear ... will i have todo some cutting and custom fabricating? i wanna drop that damn rear 2" and front 1 inch

http://www.eaglewheels.com/077.htm are those it?

I'm digging those alot. Always wanted to know what ones were atop of this page ... dunno if those would look good on my greet metalic cutty...

the price especially ... offsetted wheels don't look that great (ones where the spokes hit the middle of the rim

Yes, that's it. They would look good on anything, trust me.

I don't understand what you mean by offsetted wheels?

what would be the easiest way to make a new centerpiece i want to remove it ... its annoying i hate American Eagle Rims or at least the flashy shit they throw on it ... i want it clean ... no emblums

and i don't know how stupid 17's would look like in the front and 18's in the back ... or even if its worth it ... i want some support here

I don't know, Eagle might sell blank center caps, or you could always get some adhesive mylar (chrome looking plastic) and cover it up. I know Grand Prix guys had mylar decals made that had Pontiac emblems on it and stuck it over the original center caps.

I would go for 18" front and rear. It's almost impossible to buy Eagles in less than a set, and I think 4 wheels the same size would be better looking.

i mean like where the spokes go in the middle of the rim ... (depth of the rim)

Seriously? You like convex rims (center sticks out like the top of a starfish) better than concave rims (center pushed in like the bottom of a starfish)???

I HATE convex rims. I only like them concave which is why I went to great lengths with spacers and modifying my caliper support brackets to fit a VERY concave rim. My CSA Gladiators are extremely concave. The AE 077's are only slightly concave so no modification required, but the fact that they're still concave is a huge part of why I like them. To me, convex looks cheap like hubcaps, don't look good from angles, and don't have as much depth.

Am I right assuming that the rims for our cars are the ones that are like $100 more w/+43 offset? It would just figure you know :?

I don't think the higher offset is any more expensive.

+42mm is a very popular offset. In fact, that's what my CSA wheels were, but I use a 5mm spacer so I have a +37mm offset.

Almost all imports use 40-something offsets.

I also want to know if u can take a picture of those rims for me.

Another thing is ...

When I get these rims and some rubber, I was currious as to how much space i'll have left over. I want to lower my ride, as I said ...

LOW RIDER! ... pfftt not that low but low enough to make the body kit stand out

I also want to know if u can take a picture of those rims for me.

Another thing is ...

When I get these rims and some rubber, I was currious as to how much space i'll have left over. I want to lower my ride, as I said ...

LOW RIDER! ... pfftt not that low but low enough to make the body kit stand out

Which rims do you want pics of?

If you use 245/45ZR18 tires like I did, there is only 1" of space between the fender and tire with ST lowering springs. I like it because it looks like the tire fits in the opening tightly with not a lot of gap anywhere (very BMW-like). If you want to go lower than that, you'll either have to get 245/40ZR18 or 225/45ZR18 (I think the 225's can tuck up into the fender, not sure though).