Blown Fuses

NightStalker

Alright,

I own a 92 Cutlass Supreme SL, and for some unknown-to-me reason, the courtesy fuse keeps blowing. I've gone through about 4 in the past month and a half. Anybody have any ideas on why this is occurind and/or tips on how to fix it?

Guest Anonymous

The head unit may be pulling too much power (?)

I fried my courtesy outley today but everything suprisingly still works...

maybe you can get the head unit on a separate circut... Dont know much about cars wiring except for putting in huds and the like.

do the fuses blow when you may have the bass all the way up or something?

hmmmmm

did not realize the stereo was on the same fuse.. thought it was different.

is there a coin in the cig lighter?

beyond that i am stumped

Monty

I blew my courtesy fuse when I was putting the pwr window/lock back on and i gues i had it in backwords and poped the fuse. However I was still able to use the stereo in the car. So I don't think it's the H/U pulling too much pwr! Good luck with narrowing the problem down.

Yeah, the head unit definitley isn't the problem. I've blown another one, within 24 hours of replacing it, without using the radio at all. This is really startin to piss me off, but I can't find the solution. If I do, I'll get back to yall.

i had that problem in my gp. it ended up being a short in the c100 connector that fried like 10 wires. i just ran fused wires and regrounded everything on my own and everything worked fine.