Coil Pack Interchangability

slick

Are the coil packs interchangable between our cars? Also, do the coil packs off of newer 3100/3400 provide more spark, or is this just a myth that i've heard?

No idea if the 3100-3400 are different, haven't really seen any. But if it looks like a horse, and smells like a horse. All DIS packs are interchangeable.

No idea if the 3100-3400 are different, haven't really seen any. But if it looks like a horse, and smells like a horse. All DIS packs are interchangeable.

so your saying if my coil packs smell like horses and look like horses they are interchangeable? that my friend is the most absurd logic ever. :lol: :lol: :lol:

they all are the same. used '00 3400 DIS module and packs on my 3.4 in the 94.

This is correct. They've used the same part number on the coils since the first DIS, except for a few of the early 3800s which had the one piece, Magnovox coil. I just picked up a brand new AC Delco coil set (3) and ICM package off eBay for $60, which is DIRT cheap even by eBay standards. The ICM alone usually goes for that much. They were new "reclaims", which means they were mounted to a motor that had never been fired up for whatever reason before the car they came from was totalled. In other words, they're new.

As a side note I've got 3 coils and a working ICM with mounting bracket for a 3.4 DOHC sitting around if anyone needs it. I'll get rid of it for like $25 and the cost of shipping. I bought new ones for my car thinking they were part of a problem I was having and they ended up not being the problem.

they all are the same. used '00 3400 DIS module and packs on my 3.4 in the 94.

This is correct. They've used the same part number on the coils since the first DIS, except for a few of the early 3800s which had the one piece, Magnovox coil. I just picked up a brand new AC Delco coil set (3) and ICM package off eBay for $60, which is DIRT cheap even by eBay standards. The ICM alone usually goes for that much. They were new "reclaims", which means they were mounted to a motor that had never been fired up for whatever reason before the car they came from was totalled. In other words, they're new.

I picked up a set of coils and ICM for $35 from a junkyard. My car charges and runs normal now. You got ripped off :lol: