reassembly started and help needed

musthavemuzk

got the heads back this past week and started the reassembly this morning. we got further than we thought we would. the whole works went rather well up until we got to the point of me not remembering where the vacuum line went.

we are about 2/3 of the way done so it should not take long to hear it run tomorrow. basically alot of bolt ons to be done yet.

pics

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=cutlassheadgaskets&mid=16&cid=261&page=6

on page 7 is a pic of the vacuum line i drew a blank on where it goes.

any help appreciated.

Monty

It's right where the line stops. The sol. and the MAP sensor should be on a big plate type thing. It mounts to the back of the upper plenum. I bet I have a pic somewhere if you need it. It has a connector w/ a red clip on it.

alrighty then

will have to look through my pics as well. i prolly have a pic now that i think of it, but at least now i have somehwere to start looking.

thank you if you do find a pic i would take though. just in case i cannot find one.

Monty

Sapphire runs again.

about 4 or so today life came to my cutlass.

what a relief that was.

soo now to get insurance and tabs and get my cd player back in her.

then to clean it inside and outside and so on and so forth.

OH HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

took about 6 hrs to tear it down.

heads were in the shop for a month

then 10-11 hrs to put it back together.

gotta thank Jerome for his up close and personal help and of course all those on here who have taken the time to answer all my questions.

the vacuum line we had no home for.....

well we found where it went but still could not find its home till later in the day when i had to move the fuel lines as they were in my way. when i did this i also had to move another hose. and low and behold the home for the vacuum line was attached tothat hose.

YEAH

we could not figure it out as we methodically took this engine apart. putting bolts and such back in their homes writing notes. and so on. so we were bugged out on where this vacuum line was supposed to go.

it came to us with time though.

still not ready to roll too far as i need to clean it and be sure all fluids are good to go and so on since it has sat for 6 months.

i did take it for a stroll down the alley and back and it felt really good.

:D

Monty