Midas & doing my brakes

cryptnix

hmm, $350 todo all my brakes plus new rotors in the rear ...

Now all of them squeek ...

Drivers side rear makes a clicking noise ... NEVER did it until they changed the brakes (what could this be?)

secondly, the guy there says that a honda shivick is ... "fast" ... granted most look good, I sorta felt for the black ones on the fast and the furious ... but other than that those are the only ones i liked most ...

aannnyyway... just wanted you people to laugh at me :P start up a convo ...

So this included new pads all the way around, new rear rotors, and turning of the rears........thats not so bad.....other than the fact that its Midas and the blow dick.

Just because they aren't squeaking, doesn't mean they are wore out........the audible clip has been known to break/rust off.

the rotors in the rear were replaced

pads all around were replaced

they keep telling me its my suspension making the noise but after riding at 70 mph on the highway ... hearing it stop as i depressed the brake made me more pissed off ...

so, i'm going to run it through there damn garage doors come monday and ... enforce that if they don't fix it that ... well i dunno what i'll do but i've gone back there and wasted my money and gas numerous times ... and its really starting to piss me off ...

heh

cut off the owner's wife's ear, and send it to him via mail. Insist that he fix it or else... :twisted:. Yah my mom got screwed into an 800!!!! dollar brake job at firestone. I will never ever take my car in for brakes ever again. I do them myself now. And yes, most women are stupid and/or dumb. No, I'm nOt sexist :wink:

from what i've seen is generally shops like that will charge you for the top end brakes but use the cheepo brakes, on another midas note my brothers g/f had her car in for an oil change once and she caught them punching holes in her muffler and they were like "oh your mufflers shot, want us to replace it?" needless to say they did replace it for free after raiseing hell with them.

I cant say it enough, DO IT YOURSELF. brakejobs take 20 minutes with powertools, about an hour with hand tools. an oilchange....if u cant do your own oilchange then why bother asking tech questions on here. i worked at a quick lube for a couple years, scam scam scam scam scam.

save the $, do the work yourself.

-Jeff

I do whatever I can to my car. I f'n hate taking it to a garage especially since it's old and there IS lots of shit that could be replaced! I'm not stupid damnit! :cuss:

all my problems were related to someone using spacers previously before me ...

whatever it was it stopped ...

nothings hard for me ... i am just to damn lazy todo anything for myself.