Back windows

Bruticus

i don't believe so, it has something to do with the windows only being able to go down so far b/c of how the rear doors are built that makes it physiclly imposable

yea, the wheel well takes too big of a bite out of the door.. theres no room in the door for it to go down further. design flaw.

If you'd like to feel better about how far your windows go down, just take a ride in Tahoe or Yukon. The rear windows literally go down about 3-4" before stopping.

If you'd like to feel better about how far your windows go down, just take a ride in Tahoe or Yukon. The rear windows literally go down about 3-4" before stopping.

I know that about the Tahoe my brother owns one. This sucks i want them all the way down. :evil:

Its not impossible to do i remember seeing something on j-body.org about a guy with a caviler who did it. Im sure it would take some work to get it done.

Good luck.

BTW, this is only like the 50th time this topic has been brought up. Not trying to sound like an ass here, but if it had been done, im sure there would be a sticky about it.

I know that it can't be done with the original glass, you would have to get a custom piece of glass. Why?? With the 6-8" still sticking up the bottom of the glass is like 2" from the bottom of the door.

I don't think there is a lack of space in the door and the wheel well does not intrude in any way.

The only issue is the new glass and adjusting the mechanics (if at all)other than that it is totally doable.

aww hell just chop a slot in the bottom of the door and in the rear fenders so the glass can come all the way down in :lol: just don't try and open it with the windows down anymore :shock:

With the 6-8" still sticking up the bottom of the glass is like 2" from the bottom of the door.

At the very bottom, yea, but on the back of the door where it curves to clear the wheel well there's not much space at all..

Even if the glass fit, the regulators tracks and belts would have to be lengthened somehow.

It's not a child safety thing at all.

Some companies make it work by splitting the rear window so that it has a triangle above the wheel hump that doesn't move, and a main rectangular section.

My dad used to have an old Saab 900 Turbo back in the 80's. This body style.

Its back windows could go all the way down. Notice how the rear windows are sectioned into a movable part and a non-movable part.

I suppose you could do that with a W-body, but it sure would be $$$.

get a two door :lol:

Then your rear windows don't go down at all!

I always thought it might be kind of cool if the rear windows on a coupe could roll down like they did in my old Coupe Deville (Acura Legend and MB 500SEC coupe rear windows could roll down too). Since the Cutlass coupe has wraparound rear glass, it would probably need to be done similar to a Subaru SVX.

Or buy a convertible and the rear windows will roll all the way down.

the rear windows on a hardtop will roll down

by hardtop i mean the body style that looks like a coupe with no b pillars.

it's a shame cars arn't made in that style anymore as that was one of the best looking

the rear windows on a hardtop will roll down

by hardtop i mean the body style that looks like a coupe with no b pillars.

it's a shame cars arn't made in that style anymore as that was one of the best looking

Yeah, that's the style my Cadillac was, and also the Mercedes S-class coupes I mentioned earlier. The Mercedes are fairly new being made up to 1990 or so.