NEW BRAKES!! UPDATE: Pictures!!

Heza

im so pumped...surprisingly, i got my brakes 3 days after i ordered them from http://www.rockauto.com. i highly recommend that site if you want good name brand parts for cheap and quickly.

so...tomorrow...im installing:

Brutestop rotors, PG Plus rear rotors, Brutestop pads and PG Plus pads all from Raybestos. also, i will paint all my calipers a red to match my arrowhead on my car. the red will be a nice compliment to the white.

UPDATE: here's the before and after!

Old front and rear:

505596_106_full.jpg

505596_107_full.jpg

How shitty my old rears really were:

505596_108_full.jpg

New front and rear:

505596_109_full.jpg

505596_111_full.jpg

nice!!

how much did all that cost???

a wonderful $380 shipped! steep, but im expecting quality and performance over whatever the hell my car has on it right now. Brutestops looks extremely nice too!

yeah considering my brakes went on all four corners i was considering brutestop pads and rotors...

still not sure if i should do it, i AM doing the 94+ upgrade.

once you get them in tell me about how they feel and so on.

just remeber, once you install them, dont be afraid to jam on the brakes for the first 500 miles

the pads need to appropriatly set. the only way to do it is to brake liberally, and not feather the brakes.

just telling you cause i don't want to see 380$ worth of parts get premature wear.

thanks for the advice and i will let you know how it turns out. im excited to get this done...ill show pictures tomorrow of what my rear rotors look like now :oops:

Its about time ya got some new brakes heza, let me know how they feel, i will need some soon.

about time?? what the hell is that supposed to mean? actually, i understand...i just wasnt going white box this time. the GTP gets spoiled so she treats me well. i just needed to make sure i knew what i wanted and have the money for them.

Its about time ya got some new brakes heza, let me know how they feel, i will need some soon.

about time?? what the hell is that supposed to mean? actually, i understand...i just wasnt going white box this time. the GTP gets spoiled so she treats me well. i just needed to make sure i knew what i wanted and have the money for them.

Just going off what you were telling me at the MN meet awhile back. Atleast you spoil the car, thats the way a Wbody should be treated 8)

Atleast you spoil the car, thats the way a Wbody should be treated 8)

thats what i say too and i get ridiculed. however, i still think '94-96 GTPs and Cutlass convertibles along with Z34s ARE the sexiest midsize cars GM ever made.

So from what I gather, the BruteStop rotors are drilled and slotted? I was perusing RockAuto for info, but they only showed a pic of the rotors. I'm curious if the dimples/slots on the BruteStops were machined or molded in. If they are molded that way, then I just might get myself a set. I see they have them available for the 94+ rears, too...

i still think '94-96 GTPs and Cutlass convertibles along with Z34s ARE the sexiest midsize cars GM ever made.

I agree with you somewhat, but I'd put the 92-97 Cutty Coupes at the top of my list. Okay, maybe I'd put the 83-88 Monte SS at the top, but this is a W-Body site :lol: . I am also (obviously) a sucker for the 95-96 Regal Coupes.

i really dont like Regals at all...dont know why, thats just how it is. i didnt see Brutestop rotors for the rears on my car...just the pads.

but...to answer the question, i thought id end up with cross drilled/slotted...but i ended up with just slotted. there are two different versions of the Brutestop rotors. composite and cast. the cast have both while the composite have slotted. i guess you can only get slotted from Raybestos from our cars. they look damn high quality though.

as i said though, ill show pictures either tomorrow or the next day. my rear rotors are definately f'd.

looks very nice....can't wait to get mine...altho i was thinking about drilled and slotted, mostly for the look, because my wheels show ALOT of rotor and caliper.