The GP Got a nice little upgrade..

digitaloutsider

Sorry I haven't been on much recently, the girlfriend is here and I don't have much time to get on here at all. Anyhow, I dropped by the junkyard to see what all they had, when I spotted some leather seats (Okay, they're really not leather, but VERY VERY nice synthetic). At $22 a piece, I had to get 'em to replace my torn pieces of shit. I also got rear buckets, but they're not installed yet. Here's a pic:

seats.jpg

I'll get a pic of the rear buckets once they're in. Side note: the GP is on it's way to getting fixed. We're still trying to figure out some way to hold the damn engine up..

Those ARE power adjustable seats right? They almost look like from a Cutlass or something :confused:

Either way they look damn nice! :)

About the only thing that still works are the side bolsters and lumbar. The brillant people who put the seats together failed to notice that the headrest and leg supports were adjustable.

No, they're not factory, they've been re-done.

Guest TurboSedan
Side note: the GP is on it's way to getting fixed. We're still trying to figure out some way to hold the damn engine up..

why not just pull the engine & trans out with a hydraulic cherry picker and set it on the floor? it's easy and would probably make the suspension work a whole lot easier too. your interior is lookin nice!

Side note: the GP is on it's way to getting fixed. We're still trying to figure out some way to hold the damn engine up..

why not just pull the engine & trans out with a hydraulic cherry picker and set it on the floor? it's easy and would probably make the suspension work a whole lot easier too. your interior is lookin nice!

Well if I HAD one of those it would make things pretty easy.. seeing as I don't, that just won't work. :cry:

Need a HUD to bring your LTE around to home? :wink:

And yes, yes I do! lol

I'll get a pic of the rear buckets once they're in. Side note: the GP is on it's way to getting fixed. We're still trying to figure out some way to hold the damn engine up..

I wonder if any of your local auto stores will rent you a transverse engine support bar. Like this

Guest TurboSedan

Well if I HAD one of those it would make things pretty easy.. seeing as I don't, that just won't work. :cry:

i guess i was thinking you could just rent one. i've done that many times, usually like $15/day. well worth it! they even break down so you can fit the thing in car.

on a side note, last summer my brother bought a cherry picker from Checker for $150...it's so nice to have one on hand that you don't have to go across town to pick up and rent then worry about getting it back on time! of course you'd need someplace to store it. definately a must have tool considering all of the project cars we have.

did you notice that the engine pic they had on there was a 4dr Cutlass

I noticed it was a 3100 in a W-body, but that's about it...that's a 94+ isn't it? Unless the Cutties got that coolant bottle earlier then the other cars? How can you tell it's a sedan???