What are some good brake pads for my application???

90TGP

Ok, I have a 90TGP, the rear calipers where completely replaced a year ago after the 2nd time the calipers froze. The previous owner replaced the MoneyMaster III unit for vaccuum brakes, so my brakes aren't exactly the best. I have a set of the cross-drilled/slotted rotors coming in soon from the group by. I also have zr-rated tires.

Here's my driving conditons:

Nice weather driving.

Daily City/Highway.

Harsh braking conditions: Slowing down at the end of a dragstrip, emergency braking due to whatever.

I want pads for the front and rear that have little brake dust, low noise, but good stopping power.

What would you recommened?

The EBC's (Green Stuff) discussed a bunch of posts down are supposedly pretty decent.

I would personally go with Performance Friction Street pads (NOT the "Z Rated" ones) and deal with the black brake dust.

I would personally go with Performance Friction Street pads (NOT the "Z Rated" ones) and deal with the black brake dust.

Why not the Z Rated pads? Are they too hard of a compound for everyday driving? Just curious cause I was looking into buying a set.

BENDEX Titanumetalic

Never heard of these before. Are they similar to Raybestos SuperStops?

With brake pads your usually going to get one of two things. Soft, which means short stops, lots of brake dust, and no squealing, and short pad life. Or hard, which means means longer stops, minimal brake dust and long pad life. Generally any brake pad labled as a lifetime pad leans towards the second category, and performance pads fall more towards the first. Its kind of a hit and miss thing.

Why not the Z Rated pads? Are they too hard of a compound for everyday driving? Just curious cause I was looking into buying a set.

THe Z rated ones aren't the greatest for daily driving......especially the first few stops in the morning.

They NEED a bit of heat to work well, and can be a bit goofy if you don't have any built up.

I think their normal compound (their basic carbon metallics) pads are better or most people.

Even so, they have a LOT more fade resisitance than normal pads (even ceramics).