Sad, sad day. for a GP..

Guest Anonymous

Put it in storage/get it running or scrap it?  

1. 1. Put it in storage/get it running or scrap it?

I agree.

Just got to find a damn place to keep it (living in a subdivision leaves no place for extra cars) and I will be in the city most of the winter. I am going to call the storage place nearby for monthly fees. Even if it costs me a few hundred to keep it safe until i can work on its worth it.

You might look for a place that offers outside storage.

The car won't hold up as well, but hopefully it wouldn't deteriorate too much before you have a better place to keep it.

Awhile back, I had my old Cadillac in outside storage before city ordinances made it illegal to keep unregistered cars outdoors. The monthly fee was $12.50.

just let it be scrapped, its not worth it. 20 years, those cars will still be worth 500 dollars

thats what they said about cars such as the Hemi Cuda back in the late 70s through the 80s

don't part it out. store it till you can fix it.

Guest Anonymous

Damn I am torn. It'd kill me to see it get scrapped, but I just have no place to go with it and i cant afford expensive storage. Even if i took the b4u off and such, it would cost a shitload to have it put on....

I've always wanted a Petty Edition and nows my chance, but its like everything is against me keeping the car.

I say do an L67 motor swap. Probably cheaper then getting an LQ1.

:!: :!: :!: :!: Y'see, this is the sorta shit I am dealing with!!!

Course.......I'm an idiot!!! I just got a regular ole cutlass supreme with the same problem. Mine was limpable.....Then I thought I'd fix it.

LQ1's or whatever, SUCK!!!! I hated that damn thing. :verymad:

Dude you got yerself a car more worth it to fix than I do, and I don't have the heart to let mine go (for some reason) So if that S/C 3800 is as good as thes folks say it is, go for it! Besides, that LQ1 isn't cheap at all. At least not where I am anyways!!!!

Guest Anonymous

the cheapest storage rate i can find is $45/mo for outside storage. A regular garage is gonna be 128-189/mo... should I go for it/ I can keep the car covered and have a fmily member take it for a spin each week around the lot to keep everything good while im not home.