Sad, sad day. for a GP..

Guest Anonymous

Put it in storage/get it running or scrap it?  

1. 1. Put it in storage/get it running or scrap it?

Guest Anonymous

Well guys, its a sad day for me... the 1992 Richard Petty Edition is dead and up for scrapping.

We got an email from my firend who owns the fully loaded, mint car... It died on her way up from White Plains and is currently at our local jy. She said if I want it its mine, no cost at all, shes not putting any money into it. Otherwise, its being scrapped! :evil:

I would take it... but one small problem- i have NO place whatsoever to keep it! and battling college payemnts, i dont know if I can afford a storage place... its too nice or a car to let it get scrapped.. it must be saved.

What should I do?

do you know whats wrong with it? if its something like a tranny/engine and if its been well taken care of (oil sprayed, serviced,etc),then you should consider taking it. You could somehow get plates for it and just put it in some public parking spot.

Guest Anonymous

a year or two ago the timing belt went and a cylinder is blown, and the death of the 3.4L DOHC is a result of this. Not sure of the extent of the damage. Its mint and she kept it maintained, so im sure evrrything else is alright in it.

Guest Anonymous

The LEAST I would do would take the entire B4U off, keep it for my car, take the color-keyed crosslace rims, the front and rear fascias, all the badges, the dash pads, and all the gadgets inside (HUD, DIC, etc) and work them all into my 95 and have it repainted in Petty Blue. I could sell whatever anyone else wants it to pay for the B4U install.

Hmm...

I say go for it since your getting for free. A public storage parking spot cant be that expensive....I pay $44/month for a medium sized garage at my local storage business.

Guest Anonymous

I wonder what they would cost in orange County, NY. Its such a nice looking car, it would just be a shame to let it go to be scrapped without any effort. If all else fails I will take all the trim and badges off and turn my 95 GT sedan into a Petty Edition :lol:

Can anyone think of anything they would want out of it? I might go to the car tomorrow.

Guest Anonymous

We've been by OCC many times, its not far from me at all. We've met Paul Sr, Paulie, the whole group-autographs and the such. They put the bikes on display alot in the mall near me. Its pretty cool living by such national celebrities 8)

the car's location is disclosed (sorry guys) actually, i dont even know if it is still there. May have been moved... I will do my best to keep it intact, but if not, you will all soon be seeing a one-of-a-kind 1995 Grand Prix GT Richard Petty Edition Sedan Turbo (GTRPET?).

what a whore of a car^

Hopefully i can get a storage garage for a while and work on the RPE and get it running...

just let it be scrapped, its not worth it. 20 years, those cars will still be worth 500 dollars

Of course you don't care... :roll:

These words coming from someone with a BRAND NEW CAR! :!:

Guest Anonymous

I just talked to my friend (the owner) now.

The car is still driveable.

The engine was out of water :?: and it stalled up here.The mechanic said she would probbaly need a new engine considering the previous damage, and it would cost a shitload of $$$ to do, she she is going to retire it, but before she does, she said i can have it. So, as long as its driveable, I can limp it to a storgae place or a family members house to keep it until I can fix the engine.

I just talked to my friend (the owner) now.

The car is still driveable.

The engine was out of water :?: and it stalled up here.The mechanic said she would probbaly need a new engine considering the previous damage, and it would cost a shitload of $$$ to do, she she is going to retire it, but before she does, she said i can have it. So, as long as its driveable, I can limp it to a storgae place or a family members house to keep it until I can fix the engine.

so you aren't going to part her??? :cry:

Guest Anonymous

I don't know yet. If I can find a place to keep it until next may, no parting. If I can't find a place to keep it, I am going to part the hell out of it.

What I would like to do is drop a TGP engine in it :idea:

Guest Anonymous

I agree.

Just got to find a damn place to keep it (living in a subdivision leaves no place for extra cars) and I will be in the city most of the winter. I am going to call the storage place nearby for monthly fees. Even if it costs me a few hundred to keep it safe until i can work on its worth it.

Guest Anonymous

I asked my parents if i could park it there at thier house and they said no. My cousin has a place in the Poconos with alot of space, I'd have to limp it there if he would let me keep it there.

Im going to have to come up with something, she wants to get rid of it soon.