anyone that has run power wire in a regal please reply!!!

Big Blue

Hi there,i want to install my amp but i can't find where i run the power wire throw on the fire wall.

so if you could please tell me and maybe post a pic so i can get a really good idea were it goes throw

BTW,it's a 1990 buick regal

any help would be great,im going to a comp on sunday and it needs to be done L0L

It's not quite the same, because Regal's never had manuals. Just drill a hole, that's why I did when I had mine.

Yeah, it is, because the autos had a cable running to the transmission, too. The grommet should be on the lower part of the firewall, closer to the passenger side.

There's a gigantic grommet between the brake master cylinder and the strut tower where the clutch master cylinder would be if it were a stick. I ran a 1/2" drill bit thru the center of the grommet (it didn't completely drill a hole, but more like a flap.) I ran a solid core wire (12 ga) thru the grommet under the dash first, then taped the 4 ga amp wire to it and pulled it right thru. Here's a pic of my car:

firewall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everybody for not getting back to you,i've been real busy :)

okay back to the question at hand,in that pic you guys showed me i have a thin cable that runs throw there, i think it's my tach-cometer cable??

and i can't fit my hands down there by the master cylinder to see if it slides out are what not???

so if i do run the power wire throw there where does it come out on the other side???

I will be back on this Forum more often now

You need to look for the big grommet to the left (if you're looking from inside) of where the brake pedal attaches. You might have to pull back the carpet a little bit to see it. It's probably 1-1/2" to 2" diameter. Just slit an X in the middle of it and run your wire. All first-gen W-bodies have it.

Don't be ghetto and drill a hole in the firewall!

I couldn't see the grommet from the inside either. I pulled back the carpet and ran the solid core wire thru from the engine side and kept shoving it down until I saw it protruding under the dash.

Some cars (older W's mainly) have the annoying firewall cover that makes it almost impossible to see the grommet from outside. I think it's mainly 88-89's, I'm not sure if 90 has the firewall cover or not (my 90 TGP doesn't have it).

Yeah I had to remove a metal plate thing around the master cylinder "general area" to get at the grommet. Use some long wire like Disco said and you should be fine. I also removed the lower dash interior pieces (under the column) for better access, pulled the seat all the way back so I could lye down and see underneigth (don't hurt your back! :P )

OKay im :confused: now,do i use the grommet by the master cylinder are the one by the brake padel.

Is it like the one in Disco's pic, or is it lowerer? On my GP you can't really see it as well as on his Regal, its sorta lower. It comes on from the inside several inches above the brake pedal area. The grommet wasn't used for any other wires or anything. Just try poking at it (maybe with a drill?) then jam a nice long solid wire through it, keep pushing it through so you see where it goes on the inside of your car. I figured it out you can too! :lol: