Nacho

I hope someone owns one, or knows someone who does. I have a few questions. Pretty simple really.

1. The trasmission makes a light winding noise, usually through 1st and 2nd and reverse. It shifts fine and doesn't knock around. Bad, normal?

2. Popping when turning, braking, and mild when driving. Steering rack? Suspension? Car still handles fine with the full strut package.

3. Generic GM question: Could I order a factory direct part for the interior if need be?

4. For other Impala owners: If you put dual exhaust on yours, how's it sound and did you remove that massive resonator? I'm wanting to do a 2 and 1/4 inch pipe running to a Magnaflow muffer.

5. Generic question: What do you guys feel is the best way to clean interior and with what, instead of hitting up a dealer for auto detailing? I'm talking carpet cleaning, stain removal, sheen and shine.

6. Best possible floormats?

It's a former police patrol car, so the interior needs some cleaning.. note the few questions. It was well-maintained and serviced often. Very few problems altogether, just some quick fixes.. hopefully.

Go here to see it: http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17192

The popping noise might be the intermediate steering shaft, my parents 99 impala had a light popping/knocking noise, like a loose ball joint or tie rod end. it ended up being lack of lube on the intermediate shaft, between the rack and the steering column. I guess it's pretty common, as there's a tsb on it.

You should be able to order any interior part you need through gm, but it'll be damn spendy. I'd try junkyards first.

For floormats I think it's hard to beat factory gm mats, but I use heavy rubber mats in mine. I guess I care more about functionality than form in my vehicles.