Trying to find lugnut covers and door pins. Any help?

Mizouse

2 questions, but you may be able to answer it with one answer.

Does anyone know where I can order/buy the silver plastic lugnut covers?

I am also looking for some of the plastic pin things that hold the inside doors. Anyone know where I can find those? Thanks for the help.

Lugnut covers are available through the dealerships, they were a couple $'s last time I got some. Door pins are probably going to be a dealer-only item as well, but you could check to see if a local body shop could get them for you.

I put on chrome lugs I like them better. But yes you'll probably have to go to the dealership for those items. You COULD go to the junkyard and see if they have that stuff too. The plastic things are reusable unless they break when you take the interior piece off.

I have 2 lug covers that are from a newer GP. By newer I mean newer the 93. I'm not sure what year they changed them. I lost 2 of mine and got them off a 96 ish, but they don't look like mine. If they are the ones you need let me know.

I would jsut do what I did, just stop by your local parts store and buy a set of chrome lugnuts. That way you won't have to deal with taking the covers on and off everytime you remove your wheels, and won't have to worry about them falling off while going down the road. I think it's like $20 for a set with 4 wheel locks included.

I would jsut do what I did, just stop by your local parts store and buy a set of chrome lugnuts. That way you won't have to deal with taking the covers on and off everytime you remove your wheels, and won't have to worry about them falling off while going down the road. I think it's like $20 for a set with 4 wheel locks included.

Do you happen to know if they have the same sets w/ a silver/cast look to them? I don't think chrome ones would look too good on my shitty fanblades on the 93..the chrome would suffice for the GTP though. I think I'm going to pick up two sets tomorrow, those lugnut covers have pissed me off too many times. :x

Dude, if your talking about the break away tabs inside of the door, just go to an Autozone (or something of that nature) and they should have them there. I got a box of 15 for like $5.

As for the lug covers, those are a pocket item in a j/y.

Yeah, I am probably going to have to scour the junkyard for some of the lug covers. Hopefully I can find some for a 96, haven't seen any in the yards around here recently. As for the door pins, I just replaced my 5.25's in the doors (4th time, $0, thanks Best Buy for the 4 year service plan) and they are starting to get really chewed up, and some are missing, so I think I will check out the AutoZone or whatnot and see if they have some that will work.

If you're talking about the barbed fasteners, I know for fact Pep Boys and O'Reilly Auto Parts has them.

It's something like $1.89 for 3 at Pep Boys and $1.79 at O'Reilly.

They sure don't seem worth that much though.

You can get lugnut caps at the dealer if you have to, but they're around $3 each.

Oh yeah, how many caps do you need?

I have some slightly beat looking ones that I'll clean up and paint if you want them (they'll look like new). I have a whole bunch of extras that I almost forgot about. How about 50-cents each?

• 1 month later...