Hey Chris A,someone's using your picture on ebay

90TGP

I have Chris A.'s phone number if you guys think it's important enough to call him and tell him. Is that his car? I think that would piss me off if someone was using pics from my site..

I'd call him if I were you. I mean, this guy's trying to pass off someone else's motor as the one he's selling. That's a no-no. Who knows what his motor looks like.

I noticed one of my engine pics on ebay the other day as well, I don't really mind, but it would be nice if these people would ask before taking my pics to use for their own profit.

Hey guys.

Thanks. Thanks ryan for the call! Wow, looking out for my back! I emailed the guy, so we will see. I'll contact ebay next. I do take it seriously, but whats worse is its not what he is selling!

You're right, I don't get on here much anymore. There are a lot of reasons.

I noticed one of my engine pics on ebay the other day as well, I don't really mind, but it would be nice if these people would ask before taking my pics to use for their own profit.

I think I would ask for some of the profits.

I had a business steal one of my Ebay pics before. It was for a pair of truck mirrors. He even went so far as to add HIS watermark on it. Funny thing is he didn't even bother to edit out my computer or closet door out of the picture.

well, it doesn't bother me about the fact that others may use my pics.. It's up on a public domain.. So that is to be expected.. BUT... This is what rubs me the wrong way... They have a PIC that IS NOT the actual product they are selling... ...The actual product for sale might not be as good as the pic that is being used... Product misrepresentation....THAT's A BIG NO NO NO NO

I did email the guy about why he is parting the car out, said its wrecked, pretty plainly and simply and did not go into details. Thanks for letting me know that thats not the motor I would have been bidding on...

well, it doesn't bother me about the fact that others may use my pics.. It's up on a public domain.. So that is to be expected.. BUT... This is what rubs me the wrong way... They have a PIC that IS NOT the actual product they are selling... ...The actual product for sale might not be as good as the pic that is being used... Product misrepresentation....THAT's A BIG NO NO NO NO

THIS IS NOT against the words or feelings you have, just some info related to people's work or pics being swipped!!

Yea being on the receiving end of taking the time to make up a pic or a nice banner etc then have someone take it, even say it’s theirs, makes people feel differently about public domain downsides :evil: , even if it does not bother some people, there are copyright laws that support protecting intellectual property and such on the internet (I have a thick book on it), but not many people/individuals like us are going to foot the cost of a lawyer to go after work being stolen, like a simple pic, but it can be worse. I enjoyed when someone on a Corvette Forum helped themselves to a pic I had of a long TGP burnout, stated he test drove a new C5 and laid a patch, but he was pretty embarrassed when I added words on the pic stating done by a TGP :twisted: . Since people feel free (though still not right, without just asking too :roll: ) to take public domain pics etc, authors of such items protect their work by putting a watermark or even louder markings stateing who really did the work 8) .

Jeff M

Or you could just write the html line in to block right clicking, and add your own personal message to it.

All you have to do to get around that is to turn off Javascript.

Some people have it turned off all the time.

Or you could just write the html line in to block right clicking, and add your own personal message to it.

Interesting idea yes, seen it somewhere :)

Jeff M

All you have to do to get around that is to turn off Javascript.

Some people have it turned off all the time.

Or just go to view>source on IEs title bar..

Virtually the only way to keep people from stealing content is by linking it through flash, and even then they could just print screen it and do as they please with it (if it's just an image, anyway).