Insurnace on a z34??

97luminals

hey

im thinkin about getting a 92/93 lumina z34 5spd...... i like my lumina but i want a manual and i the look the z34 has.....now any 18yrs olds have a z34 5 spd, how much u guys payin insurnace for one, do they classify the lumina as a sports car?? im paying $899 for my lumie rite now...

also how much would a decent 92/93 z34 5spd (heard they are rare) cost with around 80-100k on the car, id like to go with less mileage the dohc are little maintance bitches...

thanks

technically yes, they do classify as "sports model cars" beings as the vin gives it away as a z34, my family is in insureance and i got quotes for 2 vins, my z34 vin and a base lumi vin, the base was cheeper, i forget by how much but it was. but for you you are ahead just to get liability on a 12 year old car, think about it, if it gets smacked hard anywhere the ins co is goin to want to total it. your further ahead paying colosion bills outa pocket.

the dohc are little maintance bitches

Oh yeah...so much more than my 3.1.

Not sure about the "sports model cars" but the Z34 is going to be more for insurance just as any car with the "GT" badged on it. You can't tell me you'd pay the same insurance on a 4-door Grand Prix 3100 SE than you would on a 2-door Grand Prix 3800 S/C-ed GTP.

I'm 22 years old and $593 for six months of insurance on her, so like ~$98 a month. Is that similar to what you guys pay?

Your prolly looking anywhere from $2500-$3500 depending on how "decent" you want the Z34 to be. I wouldn't pay much more than $4000 for one...only if it had like no miles on it and in perfect condition. But I would want one like that....but that's a different story. :)

I pay $135/mo. for my 95 Cutlass Convertible with the 3.4 DOHC. Thats for full coverage though with a $250 collision deductable and a $0 deductable on comprehensive. Plus I live in MI which is a no fault state so I automatically get raped by the insurance company. I should also mention that this is what I pay based on the fact that my insurance company doesn't know about my tickets (its been 9 months since I got the last one, I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

I think insurance on my last car cost me around $100/mo. for $500 collision and $250 comprehensive coverage. That was on my toronado though.

If I were you I'd go with a $500 or $1000 deductable on collision that way if you crash it/you get smashed you won't be totally f'd and be out a couple grand.

kinda off topic from insurance how well do the lumina z34 perform??? around corners, turning radius and in a qtr mile STOCK..... i never been in a lumina z34

i think a stock 91-93 TDOHC will turn mid to high 15's with auto and a little better with a 5 speed. my z34 at least handles very nice, at present cornering is sorta not as good beings as my tires are almost bald, but all around it handles nice and tight for me.

IMHO, Ws in general handle like crap, they are too heavy, the turning radius isn't great, bad brakes, etc, etc, etc....but then again they weren't meant to be sports cars.....my cutty is a great "cruisn" car...

i like my 92 Z34 even if it is an auto (thats the only thing that sucks) i got it with a 100,0xx miles on it for $3100 and my insurance is about 150 a month for full coverage and i have a speeding ticket and a wreck on my record

Hrmmm...1/4 mile times for the stock TDC V6, I'm thinkin'...

Automatic = 15.8

Manual = 15.7

Not too shaby for an early 90's FWD car that weighs ~3100lbs.

times not to bad......... im just tired of how my boat handless and doesnt make it into parkign spaces :( i luv imports for thier turning radius and easy conering ability......

In Alberta you will pay around 280 a month for insurance with full coverage. I have a Z34 and I love it. Turning radius does suck, but the car has the pull I like. Transmissions will be a bitch though. I had to do close to three grand worth of work just to get the Synchros replaced in a few gears. All in all, if you can afford it, go for the Z34. They look nice, are responsive in handling, and the interior is nice and roomy.

Hrmmm...1/4 mile times for the stock TDC V6, I'm thinkin'...

Automatic = 15.8

Manual = 15.7

Not too shaby for an early 90's FWD car that weighs ~3100lbs.

Try 3400+ lbs. and for it's weight, and being front wheel drive, my 94' handles quite competently. The turning radius is ridiculously terrible though.

im gonna get a new car when this one dies....and its alrdy on its way out..... im 90% sure my piston rings are fried and im not replacing them, was gonna do a 3400 SFI swap but not now......when the car dies ill get sumttin sporty and fun to drive..........my dad gives 1 yr or less....in 1 yr i tortured the f outta this car, i wander how my tranny still shifts........1st 7 months of me hvaing this car i was flooring it all the time, i made sure it wold come clsoe to redline before shifting.........i learned my less :( us damn new drivers have the adreline for speed, and my best buddy has a rwd infiniti, well i tired doing shit he does they dont work good at all!!!!

wow an auto z34 running high 15 stock. :roll: My car ran 16.4 when it was bone stock with an auto. with a chip and 180 stat it ran 16.1 its a 92 with around 115,000 Those numbers sound a little "quick" for a stock auto

Im 27 and under Allstate for my insurance...2 door Cutlass coupe and I pay only $414 for 6 months with full coverage. When I was 18 I drove an '83 Monte Carlo and got raped as far as insurance.....something close to $200/month.